You are not logged in.

#26 18-01-12 12:38:54

Daveyboy
Verified Member

Re: Campaign to end PINK Licences!!

The pink licence is already under review.

Mike Penning the Under Secretary of State for Transport has already stated that he wants to prevent any trainee instructor conducting any driving lessons for money unless they are supervised by a qualified instructor.

All the National Associations have agreed to a revamp of the trainee system.

I believe the DSA might drag their feet as it will have an affect on their business plan. The current training system brings in a great deal of finance for the DSA. Before it’s revamped they will need another income stream . Maybe a single mandatory register for all vehicle classes.

I always find it hard to understand, why people who have say a driving licence; always seem as if they want to make it harder for the next generation to get theirs.

Daveyboy

18-01-12 12:38:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 18-01-12 13:30:16

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

The proposals to be finalised in preparation for formal consultation next year include:

modern qualification processes – enhancement of the current DSA route and an alternative accredited qualification route (a credit bearing qualification such as NVQ)
ending the current trainee licence scheme – requiring trainees to be supervised at all times if giving on-road instruction
registration and quality assurance of individual instructors
mandatory continuing professional development

This is taken from a letter from Charles Morton, phasing the pink licence out has been in the pipeline for years, it just takes a long time, as all legal processes do. if legislation was passed quickly we would complain that we didn't have time to have our views heard. I have to say, I do not encourage my trainees to take a pink badge, however used correctly they can be beneficial. Many training providers sell their courses on the strength of ear money before you qualify, so to stop that can only be a good thing?

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#28 18-01-12 13:51:44

fishie
Banned
Website

Lily-Anne wrote:

The proposals to be finalised in preparation for formal consultation next year include:

registration and quality assurance of individual instructors

Why must we register, thats one more scam to make money. I got a grade 6 on my check test in december and last year had a 100% pas rate with pdi's. I had the whole batch, from seeing adverts and booking with me to going to advert providers and getting crap instruction. Hell i even had a lad get a 2 on "controls" before he came to me and the next exam which was his second he got a grade 5. I told the DSA where to put the ordit badge and the £200 charge when it was surgested to me last time so why o why will i wont to register and start paying for it. To you ordit trainers out there be honest does it do you any good.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#29 18-01-12 17:02:35

Terrier
Banned

Fishie

I totally agree, I've been on ORDIT for 12 years and my next inspection is due now but I will not be renewing until the DSA makes it compulsory. It's just money for old rope you get nothing for the fee and it hardly ever brings in enquiries from the register, so the DSA can shove it until they make worthwhile to me.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#30 18-01-12 17:26:23

martin Williams
Verified Member

Hello Evan,

Can you really see a situation where a PDI will give lessons with an ADI trainer in the rear for every lesson?

PDI gets paid £20 for the lesson
ADI gets £60 -£70 for 2 hours with traveling and debrief after the lesson.

So the PDI will be paying up to £50 for 1hrs practical expierence and maybe a 15-20 minute debrief with his/her trainer.

What i expect will happen is that the PDI will not have a pink and give lessons for free to family and friends on top of the normal roll play training with his/her trainer.

Last edited by martin Williams (18-01-12 17:30:36)

#31 18-01-12 18:18:36

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

ORDIT apparently is being replaced by a formal qualification, with no grandfather rights as previously expected, but I do not know how much substance there is to this.

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#32 18-01-12 20:05:40

Terrier
Banned

Just hear say, DSA have no official plans to do this at present, they can't cope with the ORDIT inspections due to lack of trained examiners so they have very little chance of implementing new rules.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#33 18-01-12 20:18:23

Evan
Administrator

Hi Martin no I can't which is why they should think before sponsoring the PDI. If they are taking a franchize fee off of the PDI and sponsoring them on the pink licence, then it is the interests of both to give and receive training.

What I am saying is that if the PDI is sponsored on a pink then he/she should expect to undertake (and pay for) top up tuition from an identified trainer known to the sponsoring school.  If this means the PDI has to pay the trainer for sitting in the back of the car on lessons so be it. But that is how a trainee licence would operate effectively. After all it is supposed to give the person experience in teaching pupils to drive with a view to passing a part 3 test. The idea is excellent it just has not been used the way that it should, which is a shame.

#34 19-01-12 23:00:26

kjs
Verified Member
Website

I have been an ADI for 12 years and did my training on a pink license. Dose that make me a lesser instructor ? Dose it really mater whether or not we use the pink license ? Is this a debate about whether or not PDI's should charge, or is it about getting PDI's of the road due to lack of work ?

Sorry but i wont be joining your campaign. May be you should join in when we go for a coffee and $$//@ about the buisness, I cant remember the last time we did it, we tend to talk about just about anything.

kjs

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#35 20-01-12 08:47:20

RobC
Verified Member
Website

kjs wrote:

Is this a debate about whether or not PDI's should charge, or is it about getting PDI's of the road due to lack of work ?

The PDI system is fine if used as intended, but the system was open to abuse and being used to sell driving instructor training and to start businesses. Until Red went into administration two year ago it had 10,000 PDIs training with them at any one time recruited by national advertising and dubious promises of anyone can be an ADI and earn 30K.

Last edited by RobC (20-01-12 08:48:18)

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

Board footer