You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-01-12 21:20:31

adi
Verified Member
Website

Forum down?

Over the last few weeks has the forum been offline? Error 500 ?

or is it my set up letting me down?  smile :?

03-01-12 21:20:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Forum down?

#2 03-01-12 21:22:45

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Not just you sad

Could we have some feedback from Vanda or the moderators?

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 03-01-12 21:35:03

VandADI
Administrator

There have been some major database issues which has caused the forum to crash.
We are in the process of trying to restore and repair all outstanding faults.
Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise to maybe quit while I am ahead, as I have really had enough of the incessant bickering, sniping and personal arguments that have dragged the forum and it's members down, despite my requests for it all to stop.

#4 03-01-12 21:50:55

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Well i,for one,hope you keep it going.
1st place i log onto when i finish work and i would really miss it.
People should be a little more respectful in the way they post sometimes and should always read back their posts BEFORE pressing send.
Happy New Year.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#5 03-01-12 21:55:23

Roadmaster
Verified Member

A big thank you Vanda for all the work you put in to running this forum.  You've made it the BEST forum on the internet for ADIs.
If I ever get down your way I'll let you buy me  a drink.  big_smile

#6 03-01-12 21:59:38

Evan
Administrator

If any of you knew how much work Vanda has put in to this forum over the years you would be very surprised. I have been involved in this forum in the past (some years ago now, not so much now as I am far too busy). I can tell you that she works tirelessly to keep  this site running to help those new and not so new to the driver training industry. Many PDI's and newly qualfied instructors have benefitted greatly from this site and this has been facilitated by Vanda and her moderators. It would be damn shame for you all to lose it, so I would respect  what she says, for the good of yourselves and future members.

Happy New Year Vanda,  and well done. Evx

#7 03-01-12 22:08:19

VandADI
Administrator

Awww, thanks guys 'n gals, I will do my best to keep the forum going, just going to have to do something about the trouble makers  wink

#8 03-01-12 22:48:06

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Sincereley hope you don't give up Vanda, don't know what I would read between lessons, might have to do some real lesson prep instead  smile

This is the only forum I personaly use regularly and have always found it helpfull and informative apart from the aformentioned troublemakers. I'm sure it can not be easy keeping it going without the hastle.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#9 03-01-12 23:00:14

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

This forum is FANTASTIC. Since discovering it in 2009 I have become an infinitely better instructor, this is a fantastic forum and I would be gutted to lose it. Vanda, you are amazing - maybe a harder stance with some of the trouble makers is needed. Don't worry if they grumble, sort 'em out!

Shame on the trouble makers who can't debate politely, especially if you try to justify the poor behaviour.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#10 03-01-12 23:24:02

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Vanda, I have been a member of this forum for about 5 years, It provides me with the info I look for and some i don't   roll  I  don't participate as much as i used to as the "bickering" is a bit of a pain in the buttocks but it doesn't stop me looking in and seeing what's new, I appreciate the work you put into it and would sincerely miss it if you let it go  sad  C-Way

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#11 04-01-12 00:34:33

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Keep it going Vanda.

I've been on this site for a long time, I do participate now and again, but mainly read threads now, please keep it going and just ban the dimwits that bicker :police: :police: :police:

"Total time logged in: 36 days, 19 hours and 36 minutes"

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#12 04-01-12 15:39:38

lucy
Verified Member
Website

Another one who would really miss the site, but understand if you didnt keep it going.

#13 04-01-12 15:53:19

Gizmotime
Administrator

I know for a fact how hard Vanda has worked to get the forum up and running again, so for the one's that just want to bicker, insult and cause arguments on the forum, will you Please think before you post.
Remember we don't get paid to do the job of moderating, and we are not referee's, although at times we feel like one smile

Vanda has a great forum here so please a little respect would go a long way.

Giz

#14 04-01-12 18:31:47

MAZ
Verified Member

Although I have only been using this forum a few months, I find it very informative, well balanced and a great way of communicating with like-minded professionals, I believe the forum is a credit to its administrators.

In all forums there will be different opinions, there would be no point in them otherwise. Personally I think “lively banter” is often mistaken for bickering, or sometimes just the fact that someone has a different opinion can offend some readers, all I can say is, without “lively” posting there would be no interest.

If we want to just read “facts without opinion” we can go to the “Direct Gov” website, how boring would that be?

Keep on keepin’ on Vanda.

#15 04-01-12 19:06:59

Barry500
Website

I really like this forum ok so I love it.

The some great bit of gold have been found on here and I for one would NOT be as good as I am without it.

If I have any problems I always come here FIRST. At the moment I am looking for the wording examiners use as my pupil wants to compain about her test.

I will put the above comment in the correct place, just an example.

Keep the good work up, I really missed it with it was down, I was quite lost.!!

#16 04-01-12 20:31:08

michaelat50
Verified Member

HI i find the forum very informative so please keep it going
michael

#17 04-01-12 21:22:43

learnerboy

Hi barry , for some time examiners have been encouraged to use language that they are comfortable with in an effort to move away from the robotic style once employed but will be based on "I'd like you to find somewhere safe and convenient to pull up on the left ". Your supervising examiner (not sure of current title)will be quite happy to discuss this with you but wouldn't want to comment on a particular test.

#18 04-01-12 21:48:52

mon
Verified Member
Website

Really missed Forum when down,keep up the great work.......met some really great people through this forum who give me alot of help not only qualifying as an ADI  but setting up car etc.....thanks to Colin once again.......everytime I even look at my duals I think of his sore back lol.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#19 04-01-12 22:21:47

VandADI
Administrator

It does make me wonder what you lot got up to without the forum over Christmas  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#20 06-01-12 17:46:00

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

It does make me wonder what you lot got up to without the forum over Christmas

Just cried all Christmas 'cause the forum broke.  :cry:

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Board footer