You are not logged in.

#1 10-12-11 09:02:58

Tregster
Verified Member
Website

Fiesta Diesel Particle Filter :/

Hi All  smile
I'm looking around the showrooms for a replacement to the 207 I've been using for the past 2 years.

I really like the look of the new Fiesta and was considering a Diesel, but the salesman scared me off because he said they are not suited for stop start journeys. He explained that they need at least a constant 20 minute drive at speeds over 50mph on a regular basis, otherwise you get the DPF warning light come on. He explained that a 20min motorway drive will cure it, but on the 3rd time this happens it will probably need a new DPF at a cost of £1200.

Has anyone else had problems with the DPF on the Fiesta or is this just Ford covering their backs?

I'm considering either the 1.4 or 1.6 Diesel... Any preferences?

I'm also looking at other cars such as a Clio Dynamique and have been offered an excellent deal at 16% off with free duals and metallic paint.
Also looked at another 207 (not been offered a great deal).

Regards to you all,

Neil smile

Passed Part 1 - 08/12/09. 2nd attempt 99/65
Passed Part 2 - 20/01/10. 1st attempt 'Zero Faults'
Passed Part 3 - 29/06/10. 1st attempt 4 - 5

10-12-11 09:02:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiesta Diesel Particle Filter :/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-12-11 09:40:08

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

I've never had a problem with the DPF in my diesel corsas. It's more a warning for people who just drive 15mins to work and then leave it all day and drive 15mins back. The fact that the engine is hot for up to 10 or 12 hours a day means it will be cleaned regularly enough, especially on out of town driving or driving between lessons. I've not had to do anything different with my driving so don't worry yourself too much....

#3 11-12-11 20:58:10

Terrier
Banned

Tregster

I have had a 1.4 fiesta TDCi for nearly 2 years now and never had one problem with it and I know several ADI's with the same car and no problems. I had a 1.4 207 diesel before this which has the same engine as the fiesta and I never had any problems.

If you can wait until June there is a 208 coming out to replace the 207, it looks stunning, the dealers should be giving the 207 away now to clear stocks for the new 208 in June, it may be worth trying a different dealer if you have one local.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 11-12-11 22:48:21

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

I've never had a problem with the DPF in my diesel corsas. It's more a warning for people who just drive 15mins to work and then leave it all day and drive 15mins back. The fact that the engine is hot for up to 10 or 12 hours a day means it will be cleaned regularly enough, especially on out of town driving or driving between lessons. I've not had to do anything different with my driving so don't worry yourself too much....

Hasn't happen that way for my 2litre Auris, the engine management light came on just before the 40k service. To quote the garage owner "it was coked up" I spend 12 hours in the car per day, 5 days per week and have a mixture of travelling between clients. On my day off we do a longer run to the Lake District around 35 mile each way.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#5 12-12-11 07:07:10

Roadmaster
Verified Member

All new diesels have  a dpf now, so it doesn't matter which make you buy, you might still have a problem if you don't follow the manufacturers instructions

#6 14-12-11 14:58:21

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Nice to hear a salesman being honest.

many people are buying small diesels for short town runs and being hit with massive bills.

A diesel is pointless if someone is doing less than around 15,000 miles pa. good on the dealership, they deserve custom for being straight.

Board footer