You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 29-11-11 19:20:34

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Re: How does Aspergers affect you?

Hi Lord Sid, not getting involved with the debate as i dont enough about it. What i do know is why a Doctor would ask for DOB and Adress even when the information is on the screen. It is within a doctors or nurses guidlines that the question (though obvious) must asked. It would take to long to explain and i only know this to be the case because my wife was a nurse of 25 years and my best friend is a GP (i have also in the past asked my wife and friend why this question is asked). So i am very surprised when you say the Doctor also looked confused.
Please excuse my interuption smile

The point I believe Lord Sid was making is not connected with the reason why the doctor asked the question (i.e. to test cognisance) but more to do with his son's reaction to being asked the question when as far as he was concerned the doctor was obviously in possession of the information.

The point being made is relative to the fact Lord Sid's son has Asperger Syndrome - a communication and social interaction difficulty and the doctor's confusion BY the reaction as it was one he had not expected - thereby illustrating the difficulties involved with assumptions that people on the Autistic Spectrum approach life from the same entrance door as those who are not Autistic...

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

29-11-11 19:20:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 29-11-11 21:40:12

Promanade

Thank you Loopy Lou, as i said i dont know enough about it, i just commented on something Lord Sid had said re the Doctor. Perhaps he should have made it clearer!! or perhaps i should have kept my nose out  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#28 01-12-11 08:57:23

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Completely and utterly ignorant. what a shame I cannot find the little button in the back office that allows us to block content from a certain user. Does anybody know where it is?

Hilary.

In the absence of a reply either on here or from my query via pm, I can only assume that there isn't one. No more posts on here from me in future,  but if anyone wishes to keep in touch, you can get me on Facebook.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#29 01-12-11 09:11:15

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Hilary,
I'm afraid there is no facility on this forum to allow members to block posts from certain users.  However, it is possible to block private messages.
Vanda

#30 01-12-11 09:35:58

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I see. Thank you for the response.

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/