You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-11-11 14:18:03

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Learning to drive in 'Doctors'

Just finished watching the only soap I can bear and that is Doctors which is on every week day at 1.45. At the end, the trailer for tomorrow's episode showed Inspector Hollis trying to teach his daughter to drive ;-)

Looks as though it could be entertaining.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

15-11-11 14:18:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Learning to drive in 'Doctors'

#2 15-11-11 14:20:17

VandADI
Administrator

"HANDBRAKE! CLUTCH! NEUTRAL",
Leave it to the professionals.... smile

#3 15-11-11 15:51:26

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Not just me that's an addict then...? smile

#4 15-11-11 21:32:40

Barry500
Website

Hilary do you not have anyone to teach during the day you can go home an watch this stuff?

I was teaching for over 40 hours last week.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 16-11-11 04:43:00

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Hilary do you not have anyone to teach during the day you can go home an watch this stuff?

Sorry - I hadn't realised I'd asked how many hours people did or when they worked.

I thought it might just make entertaining watching. My mistake.

Hilary

#6 16-11-11 16:19:43

(ROG)
Verified Member

Its on the bbc I player and catch up TV so I saw it - great fun - part two tomorrow

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#7 16-11-11 17:09:27

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Isn't it just? Pure escapism - I love it!

Oddly enough, I often ask if any teachers watch Waterloo Road and the answer is always a definitive 'No'. The same applies to the medical profession and Doctors. Probably why I seldom watch a driving school programme for more than a few minutes.

Hilary.

Ps. Just for the record, I don't get chance to watch Waterloo Road either these days!

#8 16-11-11 21:03:04

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hilary, I watch it every day, it's good, tomorrow is where Karen tries to teach Imogen how to drive big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 16-11-11 21:25:48

Barry500
Website

Barry500 wrote:

Sorry - I hadn't realised I'd asked how many hours people did or when they worked.

Hilary

I made the assumption that you were home during the day as I am aware it is on a dinnertime, not that I watch I go out to work sometimes at 6 am and normally come home around 8pm. I was not thinking you could watch it at a different time.
My Wife watches it and sometime I call her between lessons.

I am sure it is a wonderful program for those who like it.

Barry

#10 16-11-11 22:18:34

martin Williams
Verified Member

How sad working from 6am till 8pm. sad

I would not like to learn with an instructor working them kind of hours you must get so tired towards the end of the day.
If you were a lorry driver you would be breaking the law.

#11 16-11-11 23:15:30

colin166
Verified Member

Hilary Hughes wrote:
Barry500 wrote:

Hilary

I made the assumption that you were home during the day as I am aware it is on a dinnertime, not that I watch I go out to work sometimes at 6 am and normally come home around 8pm. I was not thinking you could watch it at a different time.
My Wife watches it and sometime I call her between lessons.

I am sure it is a wonderful program for those who like it.

Barry

How do you get pupils that early?
most of mine are not interested in having a lesson before 10.00am

#12 17-11-11 06:26:46

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

More recently, I have come to the conclusion that the Internet is not the safest place to be discussing what hours are worked or our movements.

I also think Martin has a point.
Hilary.

Ps. Just for the record - I have always made time for regular meals.

#13 17-11-11 14:15:39

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I've decided to move to Letherbridge. Not only are they short of an ADI but all those characters with problems need a good listener. Excellent for long term business ;-)
Classic landing on the traffic island, wasn't it? - Big massive to Jack...

Hilary

#14 17-11-11 14:56:34

VandADI
Administrator

I've heard they have some very nice properties in Leatherbridge, nice big houses and reasonably priced, oh such escapism  wink

#15 17-11-11 15:12:49

Gizmotime
Administrator

I couldn't stop laughing today when I watched it. big_smile

#16 17-11-11 15:44:33

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Much better than the AA's Dangerous Drivers School. At least this is fun!

Hilary

#17 17-11-11 21:53:56

Barry500
Website

I would not like to learn with an instructor working them kind of hours you must get so tired towards the end of the day.

That only makes 14 hours as a lorry driver you can work 15 hours three times a week and I have as a lorry driver, not everyday is that long today I worked from 9.30 till 7pm not so long if your used to it I used to work 77 hours a week doing another job and this is part time in comparison.

I tell my pupils what time I am available and they choose when they want a lesson I just teach. On saturday I finish early at 3pm.

#18 17-11-11 22:12:26

martin Williams
Verified Member

martin Williams wrote:

That only makes 14 hours as a lorry driver you can work 15 hours three times a week and I have as a lorry driver

I'm afraid your wrong Barry the most a Lorry Driver can work is 9hrs a day which can be increased to 10 hours twice a week.

Heres the link 
http://www.transportsfriend.org/hours/d … html#daily

Maybe things have changed for the better since you use to drive lorries.

#19 17-11-11 22:19:36

Barry500
Website

Barry500 wrote:
martin Williams wrote:

That only makes 14 hours as a lorry driver you can work 15 hours three times a week and I have as a lorry

I'm afraid your wrong Barry the most a Lorry Driver can work is 9hrs a day which can be increased to 10 hours twice a week.

http://www.transportsfriend.org/hours/d … dailyHeres the link

I correct you they can DRIVE 9 hour a dayincressed to 10 hours twice a week!
WORK is different from DRIVING.

I think you will find I am correct unless they have changed it lately. I STILL hold my LGV1 and have had it since 1991 and a national cpc not these new driving ones I have until 2013 to do it.

#20 17-11-11 22:22:21

Barry500
Website

Barry500 wrote:
martin Williams wrote:

That only makes 14 hours as a lorry driver you can work 15 hours three times a week and I have as a lorry driver

Heres the link 
http://www.transportsfriend.org/hours/d … html#daily

I have looked at your link it states DRIVING not working. I said working, driving you are correct.

Barry

#21 18-11-11 11:58:17

(ROG)
Verified Member

Current LGV rules

Driver cpc deadline 09/09/2014 - not 2013 as that is the PCV deadline

A driver can reduce their daily rest to 3 times between weekly rests - not 3 times a week
Reducing to 9 hours daily rest in a 24 hour period = 15 hours max duty time (24-9=15)

Working time which is driving plus other work added together (not to include breaks or POA) is supposed to be governed by the mobile workers WTD or RTWTD but no authority currently (or over the past 5+ years) is bothered with it nor are there any sanctions for not conforming to it !!

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#22 18-11-11 21:35:49

Barry500
Website

Current LGV rules

Driver cpc deadline 09/09/2014 - not 2013 as that is the PCV deadline

A driver can reduce their daily rest to 3 times between weekly rests - not 3 times a week
Reducing to 9 hours daily rest in a 24 hour period = 15 hours max duty time (24-9=15)

Working time which is driving plus other work added together (not to include breaks or POA) is supposed to be governed by the mobile workers WTD or RTWTD but no authority currently (or over the past 5+ years) is bothered with it nor are there any sanctions for not conforming to it !!

Thank you I am glad you now agree.

Have a great weekend

Board footer