You are not logged in.

#1 03-11-11 19:07:35

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Advice please

Hi

Looking for advice on what I need too do if I want to carry on as a PDi.

My 2 year time limit has expired at the end of last month, and unfortunately I have not been able to complete my training. Basically I had an accident at work and I was off for about 6 months and it was 9 to 10 months before I resumed my PDi training, also around the time I was returning my Instructor had a couple of health issues.
I then completed my Part2 and and was working through my Part3 around my shift work. I still had a few hours left of my course and I knew I would require more training after that to try and get me to the standard required before sitting my test, and I did not have enough time left, and I did not want to try and have a go because I knew within myself I was not ready regardless if I could of fluked the test.

I am considering my future plans and was looking for advice on what I need to do to carry on my training, things like do I need to reapply for a disclosure, or re-apply to get on the registar or can I apply to keep my orginal PDi number. Any information would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

03-11-11 19:07:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Advice please

#2 03-11-11 20:19:32

martin Williams
Verified Member

I'm affraid you will have to start again from scratch.

I  believe that if you told them when you were sick off work for 6 months they could have put a freeze on your time for the 6 months giving you 2 1/2 years.

It may be worth ringing them up and seeing what they say but dont get your hopes up.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 03-11-11 20:32:47

Barry500
Website

IF you have only just done part two then by all means give them a call, but IF I were you just re take part one and two again as you have only just done part two it should be easy.

I stopped being an instructor and let it laps too long and had to retake all the exams and passed them all first time as you can see I just had a check test and got a Grade 6.

I did no extra training but I did know what was required!

Good Luck.

#4 03-11-11 21:04:21

Woodyloon
Verified Member

Thanks for the replies.

I have already spoken to the DSA a few times earlier this year. Unfortunately there was nothing they could as far as extending past the 2 year limit. The best they could offer as a suggestion was to book a couple of days before my expiry date and then hope that the waiting list is a good few weeks past the expiry date. Unfortunately the average waiting time in my area is 1 to 2 weeks, and even looking further afield it was maybe 3 to 4 weeks, some areas can have up to 12 weeks before the next avaiable test.

John

Part 1   30/10/09   100/67
Part 2   29/9/10     2 d/f

#5 03-11-11 21:13:52

martin Williams
Verified Member

Thats a shame,

As Barry said if you re-apply part 1 and 2 should be done and dusted by xmas then get your head down and pass part 3.

Board footer