You are not logged in.

#1 31-10-11 14:31:20

Bubbles
Verified Member

Failed check test!!

Hello guys havn't been on here for a while now but just thought I'd let you know had my check thurday last week and got a grade 3! It was my second ct with getting a 4 on my first!! I'm really gutted and absolutely worried and feeling really low. When I have more time I will get back and do a write up of what happened.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

31-10-11 14:31:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed check test!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 31-10-11 15:54:01

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Pick yourself up and dust yourself down. I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on here when you do the write up.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 31-10-11 17:20:19

Barry500
Website

Hello guys havn't been on here for a while now but just thought I'd let you know had my check thurday last week and got a grade 3! It was my second ct with getting a 4 on my first!! I'm really gutted and absolutely worried and feeling really low. When I have more time I will get back and do a write up of what happened.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Get some professional help and get your self what you deserve at least a 4, there is a good book called get that GRADE 6, look at the DIA site you don't have to be a member to buy it, I did in 2004 and it still works for me.

IF YOU KNOW IT, SHOW IT! Come on Bubbles, come back with spirit.

#4 31-10-11 23:58:05

Jakey
Verified Member

Hi Bubbles

I got graded a 3 last year, It destroyed my confidence in my own ability, on the one hand I felt I was a very good instructor with excellent results but on the other hand felt I had DSA telling me I was useless.

It was my second CT and did it the way I thought the DSA wanted, not as I would normally, and failed. That horrid man told me to expect another CT within 3 months, a year later, July, I had the dreaded letter through the door for October 3rd, expecting to do badly once again I decided to start to reduce my pupil base and to pack it in after the test. I did'nt even send the letter back to them. Three days before the test the man, a different one, rang to ask if I was going to attend, he sounded a good guy so I said yes and decided to give it a go, I found a pupil to take and decided to do the CT in my usual manner, client centred.

When we got back to the test centre I immediately asked the pupil to leave the car, the Ex asked if I had finished, yes I said and as the pupil was getting out of the car I realised, boll*x, recap, not done it, but too late. Anyway he took a long time saying this and that telling me what I should have done differently and eventually gave me my grade, a 5.

After thinking about my new grade I realized what the CT is all about, it's about you and the pupil not the DSA, just do what you normally do.

DON'T let the 3 ruin your life.

Hope this helps.

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#5 01-11-11 13:29:46

Mkontime

for me, check tests should be approached in the same way part 3 is.... get yourself some independent expert advice and assistance. You will be amazed how many non dsa way habits we get ourself into. Don't get me wrong i am not saying these are bad habits per say just not the dsa way.

I guess we all adapt to suit the need of the student which for me is best practice, but if we lose sight to much of what it was that got a 4 in our part 3 again for me, thats what the check test is about.

If your busy and your pass rates are good, is you get lots of referrals then just show the dsa what they want to hear and see... and if your not sure what that is anymore... get some first hand help from those that take it for granted.

#6 01-11-11 17:15:15

Madiggy
Verified Member

IMHO

Another pair of eyes looking at what you are planning to do, then if necessary some training. Its the only way to gain some confidence and self esteem.
You would advise your pupils to be as well prepared as they can in the time available to them, to avoid disappointment.

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#7 01-11-11 17:17:18

Mkontime

well said ..

Board footer