You are not logged in.

#1 26-05-05 14:04:32

BIG G
Website

dip di

Hi all, just a quick  :?:  I was thinking about starting the course so that I could take a couple of the exams next year, but I think I read somewhere that they were changing the format of the exam.
Before I spend money on the workbooks does anyone know if this is true :?:
Also would you recomend any other training material like law and the small business. lol

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

26-05-05 14:04:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: dip di

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-05-05 18:14:03

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I have just done the Dip Di and am waiting my results.

The format is changing after next year So next year is the last chance to this format, the questions will then be Multiple respoce.

Parts from this fromat will not be able to be carried over to the new exam so either do it all next year, quite possible if you start now. I did all 5 this year in one go.

Your first start has to be the DIA workbooks and the driving instructors manual get the updates, all from the DIA.

Hope this all helps.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#3 27-05-05 08:29:49

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Hi BIG G

Try this link - http://www.driving.org/search_site.html and search on Diploma in Driving Instruction.

In addition to what Marconi says, the five modules next year will be taken in the same week in May. Middlesex University will replace AQA as the examination board.

Five two hour papers over three consecutive days? Not for me!

You may find that, when this year's results are out, there is resource material available on the second hand market. I will undercut Marconi's asking price!

Good luck

Larry

#4 27-05-05 18:35:20

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Cheeky Green light  lol
let the bidding begin I say :twisted:

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#5 29-05-05 07:41:59

pj
Verified Member

i've got the stuff too lol vechicle maintenance books as new, hardly used
too boring good for getting you off to sleep at night lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#6 29-05-05 07:46:09

pj
Verified Member

marconi did you do question 7 on paper 3 which was on the back page, as apprantley some of the guys in my group missed it , but they were given another 5 mins at the end to have a go at it which i thought was unbelieveable, i don't think they should of been given the extra time, it's their fault if they missed it.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#7 29-05-05 08:49:13

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Hi all,

Yes, a strange decision from your invigilator.

In our case (you'll have guessed that Marconi and I attended the same examination centre!) he places the paper face down on the desk so we were all reading question 7 before he fired the starting pistol.

Mind you, it was a twenty mark question on the engine cooling system, so five minutes is hardly enough time to score significantly I would have thought?

Larry

#8 29-05-05 09:50:15

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Yes as Larry said are papers were all  laid down face down before we started, and on looking it does say turn over after question 6 and it always says end of questions, mind you I can see how it was missed, In reallity those who missed it would have had extra time to do the other 6 questions so I would hope that the other points were gained from there, The paper appeared quite easy.
By the way what were the Three funcions functions for th cooling system you put down.
I believe them to be cooling the engine, providing heat for the passengers and a risky one but to control the automatic choke mechanism.......any one any thoughts.?

David

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#9 30-05-05 09:02:56

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Now look here, Marconi, this apres exam post mortem is the quickest way of plunging into deepest gloom before the results come out. Please desist.

But since you ask..... I have just looked at the Driving Instructor's Manual (page E22). The answer they want is "to assist vapourisation of petrol before it enters the engine".

I put "to ensure the engine operates at the maximum efficient working temperature" and threw in "to keep the windows demisted to provide clear visibility for the driver" for good measure!

But there is nothing we can do about it now.

Larry

PS Having looked at the manual, I now discover I omitted to include the water pump in my diagram. See what you have gone and done?

#10 30-05-05 13:39:59

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Water pump.....water pump Oh heck don,t recall it in my diagram either

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#11 30-05-05 19:11:45

pj
Verified Member

i did a very dodgy drawing of the cooling system and i forgot the fan :xbut did remember the water pump big_smile

PJ Dip DI

Board footer