You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-04 13:01:15

Laus

new learner!

Hello People!
I am 21  and I am just about to start driving lessons. I am really, really nervous!! Any tips to get over this? x

29-04-04 13:01:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: new learner!

#2 29-04-04 13:14:32

Darren

hi there, ive just had my first lesson today, and i was nervous. My instructor talked me through the main controls. When he was doing this, my nerves were subsiding. When he said, right, start the car, i was back to square 1. When i was moving, my confidence level came back to normal. As i was told, its usual to feel like this, and theres no magic potion that can get rid of nerves, but to relax, and take it easy. Tell your instructor your nervous. They have been though it them self, when they went for their test, and with other pupils, they know what its like.

now i cant wait for my next lesson big_smile

Good luck smile you will enjoy it smile

#3 29-04-04 13:42:38

Laus

Thanks Mclaren, it's nice to know there are others out there who get nervous!! I have owned a 100cc moped for the last 3 years and so I am hoping that the road stuff (Roundabouts, traffic lights when to indicate etc) will be ok, its more the actual car stuff like the clutch and gears!!
Also, can anyone tell me cheap insurance companies as I already have a car and I would like to get some internet quotes. Thanks. X

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 29-04-04 14:05:14

Darren

try

www.elephant.co.uk

www.aquote.co.uk

www.budgetinsurance.com

www.superquote.com

www.esure.com

www.peopleschoice.co.uk

www.diamond.co.uk (as im unsure if your male or female  :oops:  ive put this in. This is for "women only", although men can get a quote too)

Click Here for the Google search on cheap car insurance

I think www.elephant.co.uk is the cheapest, but it depends on the make / model of the car and the age of the driver.

hope this helps

As for clutch and gears, i thought about this aswell.

Click here to see my post and answers on clutch control

jonks told me to look at  this page. All about clutch control and starting.

The information i read there, helped loads.

#5 29-04-04 14:07:56

Liesa

Hi laus

Welcome to the site!

Your experience of riding the moped should, be a big help when it comes to things such as road awareness.

Good luck with your lessons, and keep us informed on how you're getting on.

It's perfectly natural to be nervous, just try and enjoy the lesson.  wink

#6 29-04-04 17:44:04

Folk

Welcome to the Forum Laus!

From one Learner to another - it's perfectly natural to be nervous.  I always feel VERY NERVOUS a few minutes before my lesson, but as soon as I'm in the car, it always subsides (there's too much to keep my mind occupied to feel nervous)!

Hope you continue to get on well with your lessons ..... the more you do, the more confident you will feel ..... when it all starts to sink in.  Having the moped will be a benefit to you while learning to drive as you already have an awareness of the roads, signs etc.

Folk smile

#7 29-04-04 20:48:40

DAVE-ADI

It doesn't matter about being nervous,  your instructor has dual controls to help if you start to panic, and can take over control.

Board footer