You are not logged in.

#1 18-10-11 13:30:05

android
Verified Member

need some help

Hello folks'

I have said hello in the Introduction forum and I've popped in here for a bit of help.

Having qualified via RoSPA, I applied for the Fleet Register. My card turns up on the doorstep and so does my check test! There's timing for you.

Would be looking forward to it but got to admit I'm struggling to put together an interesting/ engaging PowerPoint ORR Presentation.

Any help would be appreciated. I've put the CT back by 4 weeks so have a little breathing space.

Feel free to quiz me; Favourite cheese? Name of pet? etc and I look forward to sharing professional experience/ opinions. Hopefully in the future I will be able to return the favour.

All the best.

Android smile 

Confucius say, "Opinion, like old man's dribble - Once out of mouth, no use to anyone."

18-10-11 13:30:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: need some help

#2 18-10-11 19:41:44

ralge
Verified Member

I have my second fleet CT early in November so I am thinking along the lines of:
I plan for only one or two laminated sheets - the presentation should only take up a few (5?) minutes or you'll run out of time what with Veh.Checks.  (My laptop with PP would take an age to boot up and shut down.)
Ask how long has the driver held a licence, how many miles per year, what type of driving (urban, rural, m/w), times of day on road ... etc
On laminate(s) relate his/her answers to KSI stats, where crashes/injuries/death happen.
+ Three most common crash scenarios.
Relate all this to the average company driver and mention the business driver's disproportionate involvement in crashes relative to leisure drivers. Question why that might be.

So, interactive rather than a lecture.

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

#3 19-10-11 11:33:34

android
Verified Member

Thanks ralge,

I was under the impression; getting snippets of information from here and there, that the presentation should be something short of an hour, certainly no longer. The SE would then see as much of it as satisfies them that it is a good job, then controlling the timing of the CT move you on to the vehicle checks.

Your experience is obviously different and what you prescribe has worked for you once already.

Maybe a call to my SE and see what is expected locally.

Thanks again for your response in my hour of need.

Confucius say, "Opinion, like old man's dribble - Once out of mouth, no use to anyone."

#4 19-10-11 12:14:18

daz6215
Verified Member

Android, you could just take a delegate that you have already given the ORRP to and already assessed their driving, simply take them into the test centre and tell the SE what you are going to work on etc...

#5 19-10-11 12:47:58

android
Verified Member

You make a very good point daz.

That said he might call my bluff and ask to see the ORRP!

I would much rather pit my wits against the SE.... Real Humans can be so unpredictable, Ha Ha.

An option I shall keep if the font of help dries up. Thank you.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 19-10-11 17:16:52

whodareswins
Verified Member

Hey android,

Suggest you read the following thread.

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 724.0.html

The thread is about 4 years old but relevant nonetheless.

As a follow up, I had my latest Fleet check test last week and scored straight sixes again.

If you need any further help, please PM me.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#7 19-10-11 19:47:49

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Android
I have presentation perfect for C/t  pm if you want it to use
James

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#8 20-10-11 20:29:33

android
Verified Member

Hi hector,

I have pm'd you.

Whodareswins,

Thanks for that. Seems there are as many for role play as there are advocates for client.

#9 22-11-11 18:25:22

android
Verified Member

I would like to thank you all, gentlemen, for your kind responses to my request for help.

I managed 'straight sixes' with your help.

See my "Thank you" thread in Check Tests forum.

smile

#10 22-11-11 20:09:52

ralge
Verified Member

Well done!
I was rather pleased with my 6, too.

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

Board footer