You are not logged in.

#1 15-10-11 16:28:01

mahoney
Website

Accountant

I used an accountant to fill in and submit my tax return this year, however next year I plan to do it myself, do I need to inform the accountant of this or do I just go ahead and do it myself.  Mahoney

15-10-11 16:28:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Accountant

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-10-11 17:22:19

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi

On what basis did you use the accountant ? If you just secured them to compile and file your tax returns at the end of the year then there is no need to inform them as they have no reason to expect necessarily to get the business again , if you employed them to work on your behalf throughout the year l would suspect they would expect to be informed ... Hope that helps a bit

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

#3 16-10-11 17:57:56

mahoney
Website

Hi Sue, I went and spoke to the accountant and at year end gave them all the relevant paperwork, they registered me as self employed, completed my self assessment, gave me a year end report which contained my tax bill and that was it.

#4 16-10-11 19:54:55

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

In the instance you state l wouldn't feel any need to inform the accountants , have you registered to do your tax returns online ? If not l suggest you do that soon and have a look at the online manuals on the Hmrc website to get some info on what can be claimed for ...

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

Board footer