You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-04 10:54:57

lemontea

what to study next?

I have just qualified as an ADI, and I am still on the learning buzz, and I was wondering whats the best thing to do next to continue my development.......the diploma?  IAM test?  Fleet training? 

Any advice appreciated.

Thanxs

29-04-04 10:54:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: what to study next?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-04-04 13:00:36

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hiya,

There are so many people that think becoming an ADI is the end of their training, so it's always good to hear of people like you Lemontea who want to press on. Well done!

I can't really suggest what is best for you, it depends which way you want to move your career, you might find the academic side of the Diploma really usefull or the more practical sides of the various driving tests. There are enough courses for you to be fully occupied for some years.

At The Big Red L Company we are trying to put together a career orientated CPD pack that works with each instructors own preferences.

Think about where you want to go as an ADI, a bit of forward planning is always a good option.

Regards,

#3 30-04-04 08:36:03

lemontea

Cheers Bigred,  thanks for advice.  Yeah just because I passed the part 3 exam doesn't mean I know it all.  I have only been doing this job a short while and I have already had loads of questions from students which I don't know the answer too.

At the mo I am leaning towards the Diploma, which as you say is an academic course, which will fill in some of the holes in my training.  I have had a look at the DIA website and sent off for the information pack, but I know distance learning is hard, so anyone done it?  or got any links to good sources of info (like this site!)

#4 30-04-04 13:35:14

Midge
Website

When I passed my ADI exams, many years ago, I really felt that I didn't know anywhere near enough.  I found out about the diploma and decided to go for that.  It was a college course in those days, it was absolutely brilliant, but a lot of the pleasure was meeting other instructors from other areas, so I think you are right trying to contact  others who are interested. The tutors we had at Loughborough college were great too.  Since then I have done a course on teaching people who have disabilities (at Banstead Place) and a classroom teaching qualification.  The Banstead Place three day course was terrific, and I have done some very interesting lessons since then,  and they are always there if you need any help.  The teaching certificate was a complete waste of time,  but that may be different in other districts.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

Board footer