You are not logged in.

#1 08-10-11 15:55:14

Dave_Mooney

Thinking of becoming a driving instructor.

Hi There,

This is my first post but i have been reading the forum over the last couple of days before joining as a member.

I was just wondering if i could still train to be a driving instructor with 6 points on my licence? i have a SP30 and PC30 i must add the SP30 is up at the end of this month (October) as it will be 4 years.

I have been looking at the LDC website and LDTC.

Thanks in advance Dave

08-10-11 15:55:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Thinking of becoming a driving instructor.

#2 08-10-11 16:03:33

Roadmaster
Verified Member

If you wait until early November you can get a new licence which won't show the spent points and you won't have to declare them on the application (Although you will still need to declare the current 3 points).

There isn't usually a probem  with only having 3 points.

#3 08-10-11 18:27:11

Dave_Mooney

Thats great thanks for your help.

#4 08-10-11 19:20:31

(ROG)
Verified Member

first thing to do is to accertain what work there is in your area

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 08-10-11 19:42:45

on board training

first thing to do is to accertain what work there is in your area

Hi,

Remember it will take a good few months to a year or more to qualify and you will get work if you cover a good area and ensure you stand out.

Brian

#6 08-10-11 20:33:10

Dave_Mooney

I am based in Merseyside, i don't really no how to ascertain what work there is really but have been looking to go with either LDC http://www.learnerdriving.com/ or LDTC http://www.learnerdriver.co.uk/  are they actually complete diffident companies? as they look very familiar. I  have also been thinking maybe to look for an small independent one man band driving instructor who i can pay as you go for the lessons might be a better choice.. am not sure.

Dave   

#7 08-10-11 20:44:45

on board training

Hi Dave,

For where you arein the country, you want to get in touch with 'Hector' on here - James Dawson he will keep you right with training and beyond.

Brian

#8 08-10-11 20:51:28

looprevil
Verified Member

Have a look here:

http://topclass-som.co.uk/driver-instructor-training/

They are in your area - contact Dave Robinson you'll get honest and independent advice from him. Tell him I referred you.

cheers

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#9 08-10-11 22:09:25

Dave_Mooney

Hi i will look at them both.. thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 27-12-11 23:02:59

WillyO

Hi There,

This is my first post but i have been reading the forum over the last couple of days before joining as a member.

I was just wondering if i could still train to be a driving instructor with 6 points on my licence? i have a SP30 and PC30 i must add the SP30 is up at the end of this month (October) as it will be 4 years.

I have been looking at the LDC website and LDTC.

Thanks in advance Dave

Six penalty points ? Go ahead! we have people here in Northern Ireland been inside for smuggling drugs and they were allowed on the register. You would be considered a Saint over here.  roll

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#11 25-01-12 20:40:57

MaxsMasterClass

Hi Dave

From my own bitter experiance I would go along with some of the recommendations on here, get someone local and not a National. I went with a company who went bust leaving me mith a Part 3 test booked ( on there advice) and no trainer. The quality of training I recieved from a local independent was at a much higher level.

Best of Luck

Max

Max's Master Class | Driving Lessons Stoke on Trent
http://www.maxsmasterclass.com

#12 26-01-12 17:19:02

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

So did you go for it?

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Board footer