You are not logged in.

#1 04-09-11 19:02:57

Sammypdi1
Website

why is adi training so expensive

why to pdis have to pay more per hour than learners?????????? it really does make me feel as if i am getting bumped! My trainer is charging learners £23 per hour and pdis £30 per hour for adi parts 2 and 3 training  so why should pdis have to pay more.

There should be a law against it especially when i have to go and meet him at his house or site for training and learners are getting a door to door service.

Passed part 1 second attempt 97/100 58
Passed part 2 first attempt 5 minors
passed part 3 first attempt

04-09-11 19:02:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: why is adi training so expensive

#2 04-09-11 19:14:29

daz6215
Verified Member

Is any training cheap? I have just parted with £15 for a 30min horse riding lesson for my daughter, I even had to drive her there too!

#3 04-09-11 19:22:07

Sammypdi1
Website

yes but you got the full 30 mins im sure if i book a 2hour lesson say 10 till 12 i have to get him at his house, we then drive to site 15 mins 15 miins back so im paying for 2hours £60 only getting £45 worth.only reason i am putting up with it is because hes one of the top trainers in the area.

#4 04-09-11 19:30:43

mdf0075

Why cant you start the second you are in the car? Why drive 15 mins away? You wont do that with pupils will you?

£30 an hour is what i paid, it does seem alot but look at it as an investment for your future!!!!
But if you are not happy you should say something coz when you pass (fingers cross,Good luck) your pupils will walk if they ain't happy/value for money ect ect ect

Good luck
Michael

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

#5 04-09-11 19:52:18

daz6215
Verified Member

Just one question Sammy then, Is the training you are getting worth what you are paying for? If No, move on it's your choice! And why dont you meet him at the training location?

#6 04-09-11 20:08:41

on board training

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is a wind up.

For ADI training and you need to drive to the training area?? :?

The training area is where ever you happen to start.

What is the structureand format of the lessons and what type of feedback do you get?

Brian 

#7 04-09-11 21:29:38

Sammypdi1
Website

I get written and verbal feedback, but the thread was why do we pay more per hour for adi training than a learner does for a driving lesson?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 04-09-11 21:31:52

martin Williams
Verified Member

only reason i am putting up with it is because hes one of the top trainers in the area.

You have answered your own question Sammy. Its supply and demand he runs a business so why should he charge you £23 when he knows the knowledge he can give you is worth £30? £30 seems to be the going rate for PDI training some charge more. If learners would pay £30 an hour dont you think we would all charge £30?

I hope that answers your question Sammy.

#9 04-09-11 21:45:06

on board training

Hi,

As Martin says - pretty much supply and demand but as an ADI trainer you have invested substantial time and money in your development and the ADI skills you transfer to a PDI are worth more than the driving skills you transfer to a learner.

Albeit the ADI market hs been saturated in recent years and the hourly rate for both the rates you state are in reality lower than they should be but are controlled to a certain extent by supply and demand.

Brian

#10 04-09-11 21:57:20

Barry500
Website

When I first trained to be an ADI back in 2003 I paid £30 per hour but my current company I franchise off only charges £25 per hour some 8 years on. So the answer is depends who trains you and where they are, the first company was in St Albans, Hertfordshire and the current company is based in Braintree, Essex.

#11 04-09-11 22:14:15

Sammypdi1
Website

So there is much more demand for adi lessons it makes sense then as onboard says the skills being transfered are worth much more to a pdi than a learner but i think learner lesson prices should be increased to near the rate of an adi lesson. just my opinion ofcourse

#12 04-09-11 22:21:01

on board training

Hi,

Learner rates should be at least double what they are now as they have stayed pretty much static for last ten years and ADI training should double too.

Just my thoughts but when you compare to other trades and industries pretty accurate.

Brian

#13 04-09-11 22:22:43

clwydian1
Verified Member
Website

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, If he's giving you £30 worth of tuition, then you are getting value for money.
What about he extra paperwork and training records? Your trainer will be still working for your benefit when you're not in the car.

At least you didn't pay £3000-£4000 to one of the big training companies, then you really would be complaining!

Best of luck

Danny

*** FREE CPD ***
Funded - Fleet Trainer Courses throughout the UK
www.drivetoperfection.co.uk

#14 04-09-11 22:37:31

Sammypdi1
Website

I almost trained with red or the instructor college a few years ago but i had a gut feeling not to go through with it, and i am so glad i didnt sign up with them. I am now very close to completion and just finding it hard to keep going as finances are becoming non existant lol.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 04-09-11 22:42:33

clwydian1
Verified Member
Website

I almost trained with red or the instructor college a few years ago but i had a gut feeling not to go through with it, and i am so glad i didnt sign up with them. I am now very close to completion and just finding it hard to keep going as finances are becoming non existant lol.

Yep that's who I paid £3400 to (it was 'Lets Drive' at the time but the same company).
If I knew then what I know now, I would have definitely gone the "pay as you learn" route

*** FREE CPD ***

#16 04-09-11 22:55:15

Sammypdi1
Website

At least you got there in the end im sure red had little to do with it?

Sammy

#17 04-09-11 23:02:42

clwydian1
Verified Member
Website

At least you got there in the end im sure red had little to do with it?

Sammy

To be fair, I didn't receive any extra training and passed my part 3 on the second attempt, but of course, as is the case with the big franchises, the reputation of the company doesn't necessarily reflect the the standard of the instructor

Taking every word the Examiner had to say after my first attempt definitely helped though.

Danny

*** FREE CPD ***

#18 05-09-11 08:39:10

daz6215
Verified Member

It's all about market forces and having a niche, I received this email yesterday, have a read

Another oldie
COMPARING THE PRICE OF PETROL
THIS WILL MAKE YOU THINK

Compared with Petrol......Think a gallon of petrol is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Apple Juice 16 oz £1.29 ..........£10.32 per gallon.

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz £1.19 ...............£9.52 per gallon.

Ocean Spray 16 oz £1.25 ................£10.00 per gallon.

Brake Fluid 12 oz £3.15 ..................£33.60 per gallon.

Vick’s Nyquil 6 oz £8.35 ........ ..... £178..13 per gallon.

Pepto Bismol 4 oz £3.85 ........ ......£123.20 per gallon.

Tippex (White out)7 oz £1.39 .... ..... £5.42 per gallon.

And this is the REAL KICKER.

Evian water 9 oz £1.49 ……… .. £21.19 per gallon.

£21.19 for WATER and the buyers don’t even know the source.

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

You don’t even want to compare it with perfume or after shave.

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.

Someone calculated the cost of the ink at .................

(you won’t believe it .... but it is true ........)

£5,200 per gal ... (five thousand two hundred pounds)

So, the next time you’re at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run on water, or Tippex, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or, God forbid, Printer Ink!

Just a little humour to help ease the pain of your next trip to the petrol pump.

And

If you don’t pass this along to at least one person, your exhaust will fall off!!

Issued on behalf of OPEC

#19 05-09-11 09:51:51

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

There must be more people wanting to become ADI's per trainer than there are people wanting to learn to drive per instructor.

Just out of interest, Sammy - what makes somebody the best trainer?
Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#20 05-09-11 11:10:32

on board training

Hi Hilary,

Nice one and you may get interesting answers.

What does make somebody the best trainer indeed?

A new thread perhaps to discuss?

Brian

#21 05-09-11 12:07:13

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Yes, it should indeed. I've asked Sammy because I know them to be at the receiving end of training right now ( or was ) so should be able to give a first hand / up to date viewpoint.

Hilary

#22 05-09-11 14:32:18

Spike
Verified Member

It's all about market forces and having a niche, I received this email yesterday, have a read

Another oldie
COMPARING THE PRICE OF PETROL
THIS WILL MAKE YOU THINK

Compared with Petrol......Think a gallon of petrol is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Apple Juice 16 oz £1.29 ..........£10.32 per gallon.

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz £1.19 ...............£9.52 per gallon.

Ocean Spray 16 oz £1.25 ................£10.00 per gallon.

Brake Fluid 12 oz £3.15 ..................£33.60 per gallon.

Vick’s Nyquil 6 oz £8.35 ........ ..... £178..13 per gallon.

Pepto Bismol 4 oz £3.85 ........ ......£123.20 per gallon.

Tippex (White out)7 oz £1.39 .... ..... £5.42 per gallon.

And this is the REAL KICKER.

Evian water 9 oz £1.49 ……… .. £21.19 per gallon.

£21.19 for WATER and the buyers don’t even know the source.

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

You don’t even want to compare it with perfume or after shave.

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.

Someone calculated the cost of the ink at .................

(you won’t believe it .... but it is true ........)

£5,200 per gal ... (five thousand two hundred pounds)

So, the next time you’re at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run on water, or Tippex, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or, God forbid, Printer Ink!

Just a little humour to help ease the pain of your next trip to the petrol pump.

And

If you don’t pass this along to at least one person, your exhaust will fall off!!

Issued on behalf of OPEC

Looking at the products, the quantities and the prices that was obviously copied and pasted from an American site. Who drinks Lipton Ice tea in this country for goodness sake? And nothing is sold in fl oz in this country either and I suspect those £ signs have simply replaced $ signs without the prices being changed. 9 oz = roughly 250 ml. Even the most expensive shops don't sell 250 ml bottles of Evian at £1.49!

#23 05-09-11 14:38:27

daz6215
Verified Member

Im sure your correct Spike, but don't take it too seriously, it is just a joke after all !

#24 05-09-11 14:40:22

Sammypdi1
Website

Well Hilary when i was looking for a adi trainer i was looking for someone who was well qualified in the field a grade 6 adi who was ordit registered with a straight 6 in all the boxes , someone who had tonnes of experience, as opposed to someone who had just qualified as an adi themselves. I also wanted someone with an excellent pass rate for parts 2 and 3. Someone i had confidence in getting me through. ofcourse it had to be someone who i felt comfortable with and didnt fill my head with a lot of broken bottles, but would give me a kick up the bum when i needed it.

I also wanted to train with someone who was local, and could fit training in around me. i know this is alot to look for in a trainer but i believe in getting the best training no matter what the subject.

#25 05-09-11 16:14:01

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Hi Sammy - yes, glad to see you looked for somebody experienced rather than just ( or not even ) an ADI themselves .

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Hilary

Board footer