You are not logged in.

#1 03-09-11 19:14:00

finch

AIRSO

Hi thinking of joining AIRSO, any of you Fleet Trainers out there members with any  views on the benefits of joining.

03-09-11 19:14:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: AIRSO

#2 04-09-11 06:32:32

ralge
Verified Member

I'd be interested to read and learn from others' responses.
I've considered joining myself since I receive some information from them via one of my paymasters' Training Manager.  Your post spurs me on to reconsider enrolling or whatever and snap out of my inaction.
After all, another non-ADI and non-training perspective of road safety will help develop our expertise.
"Every day is a school day"!

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 12-10-11 08:04:25

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Morning Finch and Ralge,

I think you'll find that the majority of 'serious' independent fleet driver trainers are members of AIRSO.

Look at their website http://www.airso.co.uk and you will find a register of fleet trainers.

AIRSO held its first Fleet Driver Trainer Conference in September which was well attended and very sucessful.

In my opinion, membership is well worth the modest subscription.

Larry

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 13-10-11 21:40:05

ratty

Morning Finch and Ralge,

I think you'll find that the majority of 'serious' independent fleet driver trainers are members of AIRSO.
Larry

Are they?

It's VERY rare that I come across a member. I accept that some will not say they are members, but the majority of fleet trainers, I don't think so.

#5 13-10-11 21:49:16

ralge
Verified Member

I must admit the word "serious" made me wince a little. Seven years into fleet, with 85% of my income coming from this direction (national biggies and significant own accounts) I thought I was already "seriously fleet".
But I shall try to derive a benefit from AIRSO membership sooner rather than later (I need to fill the form in and send it off).

DSA Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Dip, PTLLS, Safed for Vans, NDAC/Speed Awareness on-road trainer, RoSPA RoAD Test Examiner.

Board footer