You are not logged in.

#1 23-08-11 08:23:31

RLeach

Local Driving Instructor recommendation

Hi All,

My apology if this is in the wrong forum or has been asked before. I am very interested in becoming a driving instructor, i'm currently doing a lot of research regarding training, fee's, franchise etc... Can anyone please recommend a driving instructor or driving school that is located within a 10/20 mile radius of BORDON, HAMPSHIRE (e/g Bordon, Alton, Farnham, Aldershot, Farnborough, Petersfield)?????

Many thanks  smile

Richard.

23-08-11 08:23:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Local Driving Instructor recommendation

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-08-11 16:13:04

Barry500
Website

If you look on the Driving standards agency webpage you can request an Ordit list which gives their list of trainers, I when and
looked for a family run business. I don't like large companys, like BSM owned by AA Driving school and RED has no positive feedback apart from them selves.

My advice would go for a local family run firm they want you not just for your MONEY but as an instructor!

Regards

#3 23-08-11 20:46:58

fishie
Banned
Website

Hi i am sorry but i cant recomend any firms in your area but i can offer you advice in what to do. First of all take red driving school out of the question they are at the bottom of the firms i would recomend. (if they wont to sue me please get in touch) They are sky high on charges and rock bottom on pass's. They also have more than two to a car on training and if you are paying that type of money you wont one on one. Go to your local test center and find the nearest cafe. There you will always find driving instructors and ask them who did you train with, would you re-book them and who do you go to for check test training. The prices in leeds vary from £2000 (mine) to £4500. One firm that is often over looked is bsm i find in leeds that when i get their trainies for top up training they very often as not dont need it. They will charge a bit more for a pink badge though. We are not ordit registered as i dont think it offers us value for money and i dont mind telling pdi's that but if somebody says they are ordit ask to see there badge/ last check test result and if they cause you any problems walk away. Remember its a jungle out there and they only wont your money and that is exactly what you represent MONEY,MONEY MONEY so take your time.
The next thing i would mention is why go into this trade think about it for a minute. You have a falling birth rate, a doubling of driving instructors wether red or green badge than 10 years ago. Most instructors are finding harder and harder to make a living and tv adds saying earn £30k are a joke.
Ok you charge 20.00 per hour and work 35hrs ie you make £700 for the week. Now take out your franchise about 240.00 and juice of about 120.00 and you are left with £340.00 x 48 =16320 minus franchise 4wks holls and left with £15460 and you still have to pay tax. Only the good and i mean very good make  £30k per year. Martin

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#4 23-08-11 21:19:31

martin Williams
Verified Member

As Fishie says its best to ask local Instructors who they did there training with. Dont be scared off with franchise fees I had my own car and was paying just £65 a week some charge less. I now work on my own and have done for just under 12 months. My average hrs has been 28 hrs a week but its up to 36 now which is plenty.
Do part 1 on your own it should be easy if you put the homework in everything you need is on the Focus Driving test disc £5-99 off Amazon.. I think its best to do pay as you go training cost about £30 an hr that way if your not happy you can go try someone else. Budget for around 60 hours training minimum.

#5 30-08-11 12:57:10

RLeach

Many thanks for your reply's, I have a lot of thinking/work to do smile

Board footer