You are not logged in.

#1 28-04-04 00:39:00

Paul

"GOOD"stdying aids for part 3 !!

Hi, can any of you good people help ?
im trying to find some "GOOD" stdying aids for part 3 exam as the one`s i was given by the college are, shall i say VERY dissappointing !!

Im looking for books and videos or dvd`s,cd roms,i would like to find some videos so i can see how they structuer the briefings etc.

I`ve been looking at the LDC `S part 3 examiners challenge but im not sure if this is for examiners training only! and if it is, would it help me!! as anyone used them and are they any good?.

Im feeling very frustrated over the whole thing at the moment im trying not to because i know if i let it get to me i wil find it even more of a struggle, it`s just that i feel the training im getting is a terrible and now they tell me it`s not going to be 1to1 in- car training for part 3, i could live with it when i did my part 2 but im not happy to do it again for part 3, i feel like i`ve been ripped off !!!!!

"SORRY TO GO OFF ON ONE" But i feel i need more help to get me though the part 3 and i don`t know how to get it !! ....... it`s not going to be from this college.

If anyone can help you`ll make me a happy man again !!!!!!!!!!!

meny thanks     Paul  roll

28-04-04 00:39:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: "GOOD"stdying aids for part 3 !!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-04-04 06:59:02

Badger

Hello Paul,

Firstly why are you still with this college if you are not happy with them ?

Change !

Hope you havent paid your money up front!

The DIA has brought out some new resource material for Part 3. I havent seen it yet but it should be OK from the DIA I would have trhought.

You might be able to try their website www.driving.org and look at their shopping pages, but I am not sure that bit is quite up and running yet.
(Dont bother I've just tried it and there is no reference on it yet to what you need)

The product codes you are looking for are 1044, 1045, 1046.  You dont have to be a member to purchase these items.

If you want to discuss them with someone  or place an order ring 0208 665 5253

Hope that helps

Badger

#3 28-04-04 19:00:41

Paul

Thanks for your help Badger, i`ll have a look at them!

and yes i did pay them front!!, like a lot of people i thought i was going to get what i paid for......good training, like i said i`ve not got to let it get to me and just try and make the best of it now.

I have found a school today that is on the ordit register and the in-car training is 1to1 + home study work and you only pay per lesson so im going to see him to discuss it further, but this time i`ll know what im looking for

im not to sure what to do about the college im with now as for the part 3 training i`ve paid for, is there a limit as to how meny hrs training you can have on part 3 ? because im not going to get my money back for the parts of the training i`ve not done yet !

thank again Badger for your help  Paul

#4 28-04-04 21:03:40

jamiejungle1

hi paul
sounds like your really unhappy with your trainers hopefully you can get that sorted with them, you really need to trust these people dont you!

i would say though when i did part 3 training having another pdi. in the car was fantastic you can bounce ideas off each other. and when they screw up there breiefing it makes you feel so much better, we all do at some stage!

good luck with it all jj wink

#5 28-04-04 23:23:56

Paul

Thanks for your reply jj, i`m just feeling frustrated at the moment because i feel like i`ve been ripped off, but i`ll get over it and move on ! so again i`m sorry for sounding off at you people

i`m sure theres alot of people that have been train in-car on 2to1 and done well and passed, and i wish them well, like your self.

it`s not just the 2to1 thing, theres been alot of things gone on with this college thats not just made me unhappy with there training, but other people on the curse to

it`s time to make the best of it and move on, and finish my training with another school

Thanks again for you reply jj,  Paul

#6 29-04-04 01:36:24

jonks

Hi Paul

Reall sorry to hear about your troubles.  Do check out the DIA's training Aids though. The DIA are a great bunch of people. Send them an E-mail with any questions. They will go out of their way to help you.

Link to DIA at top of website

#7 29-04-04 02:03:48

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul

If you mail me i will send you some briefings that i used to pass part 3.

Hope these help

Regards

Nigel

#8 31-12-04 16:09:27

chez111

Hi all, great site....can anyone help me with the part 3 briefings, seems my head has gone numb and my test is in april. can i make lesson plans with everything i need to cover and take them o the test with me? any help would be great. happy new year to all. big_smile

#9 31-12-04 16:30:00

Carl

Paul

I used the LDC Examiner's Challenge to help me pass part 3. It is for instructors not examiners. I found it extremely helpful in highlighting possible problems, although a few more 'correct' lessons would have been good.

The videos cover all the PSTs. I still use the videos now and again and that's after being qualified for over 6 years.

There may be sets that you can find second hand or even loan a copy from someone else.

Carl

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 31-12-04 16:32:59

Carl

chez111 wrote:

Hi all, great site....can anyone help me with the part 3 briefings, seems my head has gone numb and my test is in april. can i make lesson plans with everything i need to cover and take them o the test with me? any help would be great. happy new year to all. big_smile

A trick I was told by my trainer was to get some record cards (6" x 4") and make notes on these. These are small enough to keep on the dashboard as memory joggers.

As for training aids, take whatever you need. Remember you have to treat the SE(ADI) as a pupil and conduct a 'normal' lesson.

Carl

Board footer