You are not logged in.

#26 22-05-05 20:40:40

jimbo

Re: any tips for starting on a pink monday please?

Sounds good - be relaxed and go with the flow, we've all been there, my first was a no show so all the planning up the spout !!!! Let us know how it went........

22-05-05 20:40:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 23-05-05 15:36:13

luchell

well i got home a little while ago. picked the lady up and drove us to the nursery area explaining what we were doing and asking about previous experience. she'd done all the manouvres so i thought ok. got to nursery area went through cockpit drill together asked few qu.s on mirrors and blindspot checks. off we went... or didnt rather. she couldnt keep her feet still whilst checking blindspot so kept stalling. ended up spending the lesson on moving off stopping and turning left. couldnt look at right turns i really felt it would have been complete overload as there were alot of things to sort.very under confident about gear changes and all basics really so no chanceof flying too far into any syllabus. all in all she started a very nervous clumsy person but we both enjoyed it and she was much improved by the end of the lesson.

wasnt nervous but it was a bit daunting at times but we got there. got her again wed so we're going to put left and right turns together and get that clutch more off to a t. thanks for your advice. ive got me a probable boy racer for tomorrow morning who booked 6 hours tomorrow then phoned and said he could only do two sad  ill let you guys know how that went.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 23-05-05 18:28:15

rachdrive
Website

Hi Luchell (got the name right this time) :oops:

Well Done, Just goes to show never believe em when they say they can drive!!

6 Hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 will be bad enough!!

I would advise against doing more than 2 hours as it is very draining for both parties. I never do more than 1 and a half with beginners as they can not take it in!!

All the best for the rest of the week!!

Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#29 23-05-05 18:59:24

Falstaff1485

YAY!!!!!

Well done Luchell!!

Keep that boy racer FIRMLY in his place tomorrow!!!

All the best

Falstaff

#30 23-05-05 19:35:55

luchell

couldnt agree with you more rach drive. i wasnt looking forward to a block of three two hour lessons for my sanity let alone his. im glad he changed his mind too. he was given a 6 hour voucher by a mate and obviously wanted to get really stuck in. hes had 2 hrs on simulator and 5 apparently with instructor dont know when?? shame the office staff dont think of the long ammount of hours but hey.

i shall see what he can do and take it from there lol

#31 23-05-05 22:22:40

captain_compass
Verified Member
Website

Well done on surviving your 1st day Luchell!  As everybody says above - never trust a word the little darlings say - take 'em somewhere safe and ask them to drive 4 left turns round the block.  That usually gives you enough to work on for a couple of hours at least!

And don't worry about taking the wrong turn:

Experienced driver:- "Right, I've brought you up this dead end so you can demonstrate your excellent turn in the road skills..."

Novice driver:- "Right, I've brought you up this dead end so you can practice your push-pull steering technique while I do the pedals on a turn in the road..."

Why do you think they call me Captain Compass?  No b****y sense of direction but a great pass rate!!  wink

And Airmiles - loved the post!  I get the baseball cap dudes to turn it round.  Or do you think that the peak could then get caught under the head restraint causing at worst hyperextension of the neck muscles, or at best, mild abrasions to the forehead area?

All the best
CC

Board footer