You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-04 01:01:35

Darren

Clutch Control

Im very nervous of driving. I have my 1st lesson today, at 11:30 :? I am with BSM, good choice? I have had some simulator lessons as i felt that i needed some "off road" experiance before i was let loose in a car on a public road. lol 

Can i ask if there is any tips about clutch control. When i was in the simulator, i felt it hard to keep both feet still (1 on accellerator and 1 on clutch) and i stalled a couple of times. I was contemplating automatic but there is a few downfalls with that, or is there?

I dont want to stall at a junction :shock:  :?

Thanks people for your help

Regards

mclaren big_smile

29-04-04 01:01:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Clutch Control

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-04-04 01:24:53

jonks

I think that you should get onto the road  smile  I mean this in the best possible way, but no simulator can replace the real thing.

Get on the road and stall at a few junctions. It good for you.. Its the only way to learn.

Don't start considering automatic this early. I think most driver think about taking an automatic test after a few lessons of having trouble with the clutch, but practice makes perfect.

It wont be long before the doubts start to subside.

The thing I would say is most importatnt when it comes to ensuring that you don't stall when pulling away is to make sure you are giving enough gas. An engine only stalls if it doesn't have enough gas to perform the tast it is being asked to do.

Take a look at this thread ... http://www.iseekhere.com/learn2drivefor … .php?t=568

#3 29-04-04 01:31:47

Darren

thanks, that link was very helpful big_smile  if i stall i stall lol

#4 29-04-04 01:39:17

jonks

Exactly!

Don't be scared of stalling. Its just part of learning.

#5 29-04-04 06:14:20

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Darren,

I stalled 3 times on my driving test and passed, so as you can see it's not always as bad as you may imagine.

Regards,

#6 29-04-04 09:49:56

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi Mclaren

Dont worry about stalling, Last week I picked up a pupil went to drive her away from home, and I stalled the car,   
It just shows that experianced drivers still stall.  wink

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#7 29-04-04 09:51:11

Michaela7
Website

Hi Darren,

Don't worry too much about stalling it's not the end of the world, even though you may think it is! smile  Even experienced drivers stall sometimes, myself included! After a few lessons you should build up some confidence and if you stall you will be able to deal with it. Try not to worry to much if you build it up it will become an even bigger hurdle.

Good luck and try to enjoy your lessons.

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

#8 29-04-04 12:57:59

Darren

im pleased to say, i didnt stall today big_smile  My driving instructor said that my clutch control was good yikes  although i need to be a but gentle on the brakes. (its a corsa)

I dont know why i was nervous. I cant wait untill my next lesson now big_smile

#9 29-04-04 13:01:40

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

What else did you do today?

Regards,

#10 29-04-04 13:08:47

Darren

just the usual basic controls Start, Braking, Using the clutch, etc...

used 1st and 2nd gear

Turning and emerging left and right and T Junctions.

Blind corners

mostly talking but there was a bit of driving too lol

#11 29-04-04 13:44:06

Liesa

Hi Mclaren

Glad to hear you enjoyed your 1st lesson big_smile

I think it's really great that you can't wait for your next lesson, do you want to share with us when it is? wink

#12 25-05-04 01:46:47

Darren

So far, ive had 3 x 2 hour manual lessons. I decided to book some automatic lessons. I have my 1st automatic lesson today at 9AM :?  its weird, but im getting nervous even thinking about it, and ive had over 6 hours on road experiance :shock:

According to my driving instructor in the manual, my steering and braking were good. My clutch control was good, but i was finding it dificult, esp when coasting with no handbrake, and keeping my foot on the clutch, brake and accelarator at the same time lol (it felt like that anyway lol) lol

Can i ask, i know its 30 - 40 hours for a manual, but whats the average time in an automatic, for the average student to pass their test?

Board footer