You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 24-06-11 09:11:26

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Re: Check Test - Any Hints?

Hi Hilary,

That's about right - then for each shot - identify, analyse and remedy or if a good shot identify, analyse and underpin or affirm it being done well by doing it again.

Cheers, Brian

Got it in one smile

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

24-06-11 09:11:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#27 24-06-11 09:15:16

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Give a great lesson and good luck.

Thank you - it helps to think positive and take charge.

Hilary

#28 29-06-11 19:38:30

WillyO

I'm afraid here in Northern Ireland we do not have the luxury of a Role Play Check Test. Good Luck Hilary ! Though I know you won't need it. Willy.

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#29 29-06-11 19:39:43

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Good Luck Hilary ! Though I know you won't need it. Willy.

That's the best comment yet ! ;-) smile

Hilary.

#30 07-07-11 11:18:40

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Just got a grade FIVE, so first of all thank you to all who responded to the thread and contacted me by pm.
I took a pupil with the intention of improving her mirror work which had slipped just latterly ( particularly at junctions ), even though we'd moved on to manoeuvres a month or two previously.

Scores were as follows :
Core Comps -
Fault ID -5
Fault analysis 6
Remedial action -5

Over all 2 fours, 7 fives and 4 sixes.

Quick Summary -
Said I should have really got out on to the busier roads to push her a bit more. I must admit, I didn't know the area that well, because ( as I explained ) it's not one where I would usually go with only another woman in the car. So, I had to find a route where I knew I could pull her in and analyse properly at fairly regular intervals  - to have gone off to my own patch, so to speak, would have meant driving a few miles whereupon there might have been insufficient time to do a great deal.

Anyway,  have to admit, only botched one bit where I nearly got lost and had to get the pupil to turn round in what seemed like in the back of beyond!! Actually, the unexpected route we took had loads of ramps and chicanes which allowed me to re-emphasise the mirrors over and over again, so it worked in my favour. I also think he realised that I was on unfamiliar ground so was ( perhaps ) a little more sympathetic. Indeed, I did say that I hadn't been too happy with that bit and had to ad lib- but stressed that the pupil hadn't noticed!! ;-) . Luckily, the chap has a sense of humour.

The pupil did mess up on obs at junctions so I pulled her in and covered those too ( having sorted the mirrors ) and then she even pulled up to scrape the kerb so also  detailed that. Interestingly, she cut the corner once on a right hand turn and I corrected on the move because it wasn't too menacing a turn - and she went on to improve them. He said that I should have done an analysis for that, too.

So, pretty good really - what I would like is to be able to do a Ct on our own patch - a bit like the driving tests coming to Tesco's and all that. Otherwise, very constructive feedback.

Once again, thanks for all your help!

Hilary.

#31 07-07-11 11:52:05

WillyO

Congratulations! Well Done Hilary! now you can put your feet up for another 4 years. Willy. smile 8-)

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#32 07-07-11 11:57:14

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Thank you! Having decided to relax into the role, I kind of started to enjoy it ( well, almost anyway ).
Hilary.

#33 07-07-11 12:52:41

on board training

Hi Hilary,

That's excellent well done.

Brian

#34 07-07-11 19:15:00

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Thanks - just dropped in on a friend who managed to rumage out half a bottle of Tesco's wine ( one of those diddy ones where you get 3 for £5! )

Well, it's one way to celebrate I guess ;-)

Hilary

#35 07-07-11 21:26:47

Barry500
Website

Ditto Hilary, you come one here pick the brains of the ADI finest and then have the gall to take the credit !! Well done.

#36 07-07-11 21:29:28

looprevil
Verified Member

Congrats Hilary. smile

regards

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#37 07-07-11 21:30:29

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Ditto Hilary, you come one here pick the brains of the ADI finest and then have the gall to take the credit !! Well done.

I really don't know what you mean...;-)

Hilary

#38 08-07-11 11:36:41

bannerman

Well Done

#39 08-07-11 11:53:48

Hilary Hughes