You are not logged in.

#1 30-06-11 07:16:39

reddragonbus
Verified Member

B+E insurance

I currently use my learner fabia for B+E and have cover for this, I am looking to add a Disco to the fleet and may not fit duals to it, does anyone know of an insurance company which will cover it for training without duals?

Ta

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

30-06-11 07:16:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: B+E insurance

#2 30-06-11 11:54:53

(ROG)
Verified Member

All the B+E training vehicles I have seen in my area (mainly part of LGV training companies) do not have dual controls so I cannot see why any insurer would insist that they need to have them

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 30-06-11 15:58:51

lucy
Verified Member
Website

I dont have dual controls in the 4wd that I use for B+E Tuition, I cant check the name of the company as I'm on my laptop and details are on my home computer (which the OH is using for work) but do know I managed to get at least 2 companies to quote, Waveney was one and then the other company which I used, the guy is called Malcolm and was very helpful.  I will check later and add the company name.  I'm fairly sure there are other companies but will say some wanted dual controls fitted - which is laughable when you're teaching FLHs.

#4 01-07-11 07:17:08

c-way
Verified Member
Website

I insure my Discovery with LFC (formerly chelmsford insurance company)  I can't seem to find any other company that will cover B+E training with this vehicle and of course no dual controls required and non adi's are also insurable as trainers which is handy.  smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

Board footer