You are not logged in.

#26 11-07-08 17:26:54

Laura08

Re: Feel like putting down the car keys

Firstly, thanks to everyone who put up with my worries and rants recently, your advice spurred me on.  smile

I did it! Today I conquered my fears of driving to work!  big_smile Once I approached that roundabout and took the first exit, I was fine. The only slightly hairy moment of the entire experience was parking once I got into the car park. Drove around for ages, couldn't find a space I comfortable parking in, and I nearly hit a parked white car, when I accidentally overshot the turning. but what I did was reverse back a bit when it was safe to, straighten my wheels and drove forward, missing the car. Was that the right thing to do? Eventually I found a space, and parked in it okay. The journey back was okay too, I didn't hesistate at any roundabouts and I didn't get lost!

I just feel this HUGE sense of achievement - I overcame my fears and after today I feel much more confident about driving around locally than I did before.  8-)

11-07-08 17:26:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 11-07-08 19:08:20

evanadi

Well done Laura here is another hairy moment for you  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  wink Evx

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 12-07-08 07:18:26

Shazzer

Was that the right thing to do?

You don't need to ask YOU CAN DRIVE! If you feel it was appropriate and safe then fine!!
Well done!!  tongue

#29 28-06-11 19:32:44

onmyown
Verified Member

SHOW YOUR DAD THIS.

BACK OFF DAD AND LET HER DO HER OWN THING AND STOP MAKING HER FEEK USELESS, I DOUBT YOU COULD PASS TODAYS TEST.

#30 29-06-11 18:11:11

(ROG)
Verified Member

Laura, if you are near to LE4 1BX let me know as I can help for FREE providing I have permission to drive your car if need be

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#31 29-06-11 18:17:39

oz11

You may or may not have noticed the thread was started in June....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#32 29-06-11 18:24:29

greenyaris

Laura, if you are near to LE4 1BX let me know as I can help for FREE providing I have permission to drive your car if need be

Laura posted 12 July 2008 on this thread! I would trust she is well on top of things

Dave b
drive safe   ride safe
IAM Rider & Driver

Board footer