You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 28-06-11 14:41:56

Madiggy
Verified Member

Re: Traditional training methods verse coaching methods

Brian, sincere thanks. That is a very in-depth answer to the question I posed. May I ad also I foresee this as a turning point in this thread and therefore a major help to Tony (the O/P).

I will review this again when I have more time as I already feel a couple of questions brewing.

Madiggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

28-06-11 14:41:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 30-06-11 20:50:15

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Why would you want to "coach" ?

Ref:- What's in it for you ?

Can you list the benefits of adopting coaching ?

Really the questions are for everyone not just Tony.

Madiggy.

I did not answer the original question because its personal to me, coaching is a journey of discovery that I have undertaken. That answers the first two questions. The benefits of adopting coaching is many fold as coaching requires you to take a coaching approach to yourself as well as to your clients and then maybe to other aspects of your life and then you can choose what coaching approaches to take. As to creating a list I thought about it and decided the task was too big for me as the list seemed endless and as I wrote things down I found things that I was writing lower down the list I wanted to put at the top. So I suppose a coaching model fits well and Dr Jonathans Passmores integrated coaching model suits nicely.

http://www.mondayspsychologists.co.uk/d … gModel.pdf

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#28 01-07-11 07:37:16

Madiggy
Verified Member

Thanks Graham,

The benefits listed so far, seem quite deeply seated in the realms of personal achievement, with broadened skill base, and a feeling that it could be possible for ADIs to make more money. I personally wholly agree.

However this leads to a further question. As we, initially felt the thrust of the DSA pushing the ADI to coaching then CCL, What were the perceived benefits that led to a Government agency foisting "their way" upon us? (Ignoring the possibility that we now want this)

Madiggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#29 01-07-11 08:18:36

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

That's a good question.

The big problem from the start has been, not just what is in it for us, as what is in it for the implementers and the agency, bearing in mind the aggressiveness - some of which has been tantamount to emotional bullying - by which the concept has been pushed.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Board footer