You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-06-11 15:09:14

Barry500
Website

Took part 2 this morning.

I took part two this morning first attempt and passed with NO Faults.

Chuffed to bits, well worth the home work I did with no instruction!

Now getting on with my home work for part three hope to book that for July / Aug 2011.

14-06-11 15:09:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Took part 2 this morning.

#2 18-06-11 13:56:33

angel22

Hi Barry,

Congratulations!!

Can I ask what you did to prepare for the part 2 test please?

Many thanks

#3 18-06-11 15:24:15

Barry500
Website

Hi angel22,

First I read The official DSA guide to driving the essential skill very slowly making point to look at the safety aspect then I aquired the ADI Routes they used to publish by asking this forum and someone came back withing 24 hours and I then went out and did the routes twice taking time to see where on each route they could do manoeuvers and then made notes even if it ment just putting down a group of 6 roads where they could do reverse park then tried to fine the most differcult corner and had a couple of goes at it. One one reverse Right I even removed some large stones and I looked at any roundabouts that were unusual like turning right in the left hand lane because the road markings or signs told you so.

And on one roundabout I parked my car in a safe place and took a vantage poiint and watched the traffic just to see the lines they were taking onto and off the roundabouts taking note of the Learners as they should be told the correct route, busy times are the best because you get a flow of the traffic.

Some will say that they could have taken you to a different route and that is true but they will be the same kind of route, the start and the end of the test route can not change as there are only so many roads you can take and if you cover all the entrances and exits then you can no go wrong on that part.

The other thing I looked for was schools on the routes and the changing speeds on the roads 30mph to 40 and back to 30 or to national speed, most changes take place before or just after a roundabout.

I went through the show and tell questions and looked to see if there were any 20 mph past school and depending on what times were available for test if the conditions of the roads changed.

Finally during the test I had some questions I constantly asked my self.

Have I got a safe gap between me and the car in front
I am I the correct speed for the road
constantly revewing my mirrors
Making sure I drive eco style.

May sound a bit long but this only took three days and was well worth doing my home work.

On one of my routes was a bus lane and I needed to turn RIGHT across it, it was very important that I did not cut the thick
white line before turning as that could have been serious or dangerous in the eyes of the examiner and to make sure
that the examiner saw me looking into my left mirror well before and just before my turn.

Hope this helps.

#4 19-06-11 10:22:18

Luchell
Verified Member

Congratulations on your result Barry. Hopefully you have already been developing the understanding needed behind why you needed to do things the way you did so you are able to pass this on to your pupils when the time comes and the S.e on part 3 for that matter.

Board footer