You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-06-11 11:40:12

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Why wouldn't my dogs behave like this?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

08-06-11 11:40:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Why wouldn't my dogs behave like this?

#2 08-06-11 13:20:43

martin_t
Verified Member

Because your coaching skills aren't up to scratch? ;-)

#3 08-06-11 16:02:29

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I notice she does positive  reinforcement. I tried this with my last dog and it took her one minute to learn that I would reward her for coming to me ( with a biscuit or whatever  - didn't matter what because she was an ever open door). Five minutes later, she was sitting down as I walked on without her, as she waited for me to produce the biscuits so that could come when called and thus, receiver her reward !!

I pretty much gave it all up at that stage.

Hilary.

#4 14-06-11 07:13:11

casper

Hi hilary, i have two dogs that act in a similar way, (exactly the opposite) with no training whatsoever. big_smile

pt1 pass 1st time 98% 60 23/9/09
pt2 passed 2nd time 6faults 9/3/10
pt3 passed 3rd time 4/4 jan 2011

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 14-06-11 08:02:03

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Hi hilary, i have two dogs that act in a similar way, (exactly the opposite) with no training whatsoever. big_smile

They're just to  smart to be trained by mere humans...;-)

Hilary.

#6 15-06-11 12:07:30

casper

That is the truth, but humans are nowhere near clever enough not to be trained by them. have you noticed that?
Feed, fuss, walk, keep warm and comfy, treet, buy toys, all on demand. Who is really in charge? Its not me thets for sure.
And on top of all that i'm a husband so there is no chance of me being in chrge of anything EVER.

pt1 pass 1st time 98% 60 23/9/09
pt2 passed 2nd time 6faults 9/3/10
pt3 passed 3rd time 4/4 jan 2011

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 15-06-11 12:08:57

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

That is the truth, but humans are nowhere near clever enough not to be trained by them. have you noticed that?
Feed, fuss, walk, keep warm and comfy, treet, buy toys, all on demand. Who is really in charge? Its not me thets for sure.
And on top of all that i'm a husband so there is no chance of me being in chrge of anything EVER.

smile smile

Wise words all round there.

Hilary.

Board footer