You are not logged in.

#1 18-06-05 18:24:03

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Part 2 Problems

Hi, I sat my Part 2 test yesterday.  I have been training with the Instructor college and I felt that I was well prepared and more than ready.  In addition, I have 33 years driving experience without accident or convictios and I regularly drive cars/caravans, motor cycles & buses.  I have also been a Police advanced driver.
Without being big headed, I felt that I had the drive of my life doing everything by the book with great accuracy on my manouvres.  When I returned to the test centre I was so confident I was about to hear the words "Congratulations", but no, I had failed, not with one but two serious errors !!!.  My first was for observations on my parralel park.  My instructor had me well warned about this and I thought I was going a bit over the score and would be faulted for too much observations.  Linda Blair for the 'Exorcist' couldn't have done any better yet I got a serious for lack of observation ?.
The second was for an uncontrolled crossing.  I was taken into a residential area which has an unusually very wide avenue (about 4 lanes wide).  There were no road markings other than circular 20mph signs painted on the road.  On first approach to this particular junction you think it is a T junction as a road of the same width leads off to the right.  Unfortunately there is a very narrow road only suitable for one car at a time leads off to the left.  The entrance is difficult to see for an overgrown hedge and parked vehicles.  I approached the junction doing 18mph in such a position that I could have easily taken action should a vehicle had emerged.  I was amazed that this warranted a serious tick.
I was also annoyed at the debrief when the examiner said "Don't worry, that junction catches a lot of people out". I feel that discretion could have been used at this junction particularly when I dealt with obvious uncontrolled crossings in the appropriate manner further on in my test.
I later returned to the crossing for a proper look and while I was there several cars passed and not one of them treated it as a crossroads.
I have now been left feeling suspicious of the DSA as I felt I was led deliberately to this junction in the full knowledge that the vast majority of drivers will fail to recognise it as a crossroads.  Especially when you read about the very low percentages of passes for this test.  Has anyone else experienced similar problems or am I just being bitter and paranoid ?. :cry:  :oops:  :evil:
This has certainly taken a large chunk out of my enthusiasm.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

18-06-05 18:24:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 Problems

#2 18-06-05 18:54:19

Mmm

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. In my (albeit limited) experience candidates are often very bad at judging their own performance. For example, something that is said very often about part 2's (and I said it about mine) was that the candidate thought they failed by miles and were surprised to hear they had passed. And I suppose it works both ways. Especially on our first try at any exam we are not sure what the examiners exactly are looking for.
I suppose the best you could do is treat it as a learning experience; why not revisit the area n particular with your trainer and see his comments, and if you are suspicious then ask him to sit in on your next part2, then if you both think you are treated unfairly you have a stronger case and appealing would probably be the thing to do...
Anyway best wishes and better luck next time

#3 18-06-05 19:00:29

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Mmm,

That is good advice.  My instructor did offer to come on my test but I didn't think it was necessary.  I will certainly ask him to come on my second.
I'm just a bit annoyed that the earliest I can resit is another 8 weeks.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#4 09-06-11 08:05:29

ladyluck

hiya...i was just reading through ur comments and i would like to know how you feel about dsa now that u are an examiner????

#5 09-06-11 20:33:50

Terrier
Banned

I think this is a complete waste fo a post, what's the point in harping back to 2005 it's all water under the bridge and in any case it could have been a fair test.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#6 14-06-11 14:55:52

ratty

So why contribute then?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 14-06-11 15:13:44

Barry500
Website

There is nothing wrong with living in the past the prices were cheaper then!

#8 14-06-11 16:15:20

Terrier
Banned

ratty

There is a point to MY post!

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#9 15-06-11 08:46:38

ladyluck

i was only asking because i agree im ab it nosey but i would just want a little info because u waited got rejected and applied again....it obviously meant something. sorry if u think its waste of time

Board footer