You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-06-11 16:25:59

chrisdee

Looking for a good driving instructor in Fulham area

Hi - I'm new to this forum and as above looking for a instructor in the Fulham area that's not too dear - I saw one guy who was doing 10 lessons for £100 but didn't get his no. Doh

I can drive but need to get up to test standard.

Thanks

Chris
color=blue][/color][/color]

12-06-11 16:25:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Looking for a good driving instructor in Fulham area

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 12-06-11 18:07:56

greenyaris

Hi - I'm new to this forum and as above looking for a instructor in the Fulham area that's not too dear - I saw one guy who was doing 10 lessons for £100 but didn't get his no. Doh

I can drive but need to get up to test standard.

I'm quite cheep! Lessons are free, but I must insist on £1/mile for fuel.

Thanks

Chris
color=blue][/color][/color]

Dave b
drive safe   ride safe
IAM Rider & Driver

#3 12-06-11 20:09:11

FRANKS
Verified Member

So what you're saying is you want a life skilll on the cheap!

Sorry I can't help you, I charge £24/hour and I consider that is excellent value for the high standard I teach too, but then I would say that wouldn't I.

I would not take lessons from anyone who is offereing you £10.00/hour. And also the fact that you think you can drive probaly means you know how to open the drivers door and put your seat belt on.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 12-06-11 21:21:30

chrisdee

Sorry I can't help you, I charge £24/hour and I consider that is excellent value for the high standard I teach too, but then I would say that wouldn't I.

I would not take lessons from anyone who is offereing you £10.00/hour. And also the fact that you think you can drive probaly means you know how to open the drivers door and put your seat belt on.

I have a full motorcycle licence and have spent many hours driving and riding - my last driving instructor was by no means cheap, but left a bit to be desired on reflection so I'm looking elsewhere. I wasn't looking for sarcasm and £24 per hour is expensive even by London costs. The cost that guy was offering was for a block booking not £10 per hour as you wrongly quoted, and I never got the chance to speak to him anyway. Driving a small car isn't exactly rocket science and not everyone is up to your level of greed - even some of the big driving schools!

#5 12-06-11 21:46:54

Evan
Administrator

10 x £10 = £100 that works out at £10 per hour lesson or have I mis-calculated.

#6 12-06-11 21:54:53

la.monikita
Verified Member

FRANKS wrote:

I have a full motorcycle licence and have spent many hours driving and riding - my last driving instructor was by no means cheap, but left a bit to be desired on reflection so I'm looking elsewhere. I wasn't looking for sarcasm and £24 per hour is expensive even by London costs. The cost that guy was offering was for a block booking not £10 per hour as you wrongly quoted, and I never got the chance to speak to him anyway. Driving a small car isn't exactly rocket science and not everyone is up to your level of greed - even some of the big driving schools!

So Chris Dee, you are looking for a cheap driving instructor that is good and by London Standards £24 is expensive...why, if you know it all you need an instructor at all? If you have good hazard awareness, and I hope that you do riding a bike in London and know how to drive, what do you need an instructor for? I have people coming from all over London to see me, because they want to drive in all conditions not just the London traffic, but those ones that feel that know it all should just go for the test with a friends or family. Unfortunately cheap is rarely good, because you'll always pay for what you get. Best of luck!

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#7 12-06-11 22:07:01

la.monikita
Verified Member

Something else, I booked myself for a day learning to do Wheelies on a Bandit 1200, 2 bikes 6 people from 9 till 3pm. All for mere £175. I wonder how many "hours" of actual one to one riding I will get?  No matter, I want a skill and I want to learn from the best...do I know it all? ...Socrates said "I know that I know nothing"

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#8 13-06-11 20:17:30

FRANKS
Verified Member

Thanks Evan, 10 X £10 = £100

I'm not being greedy by charging £24/lesson, I need to charge this to;
pay the car finance
put fuel in it
insure it
feed my family
Etc....
Trouble is even charging at that rate I can't afford a holiday this year

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer