You are not logged in.

#1 24-05-11 09:44:12

martin Williams
Verified Member

ADI/PDI As pupil on check test

I believe now you can take another ADI or PDI as your pupil on your check test doing instructor development training. Has anyone done this yet and how did it go?

24-05-11 09:44:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI/PDI As pupil on check test

#2 24-05-11 11:34:40

on board training

Hi,

I am not aware of that - my understanding is it has to be non ADI for normal check test - however obviously pdi for ORDIT.

If it has changed very recently can you direct me to where you got the information/guidance?

Brian

#3 24-05-11 12:06:14

SDS

I haven't heard of this and I would be surprised if it was the case.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 24-05-11 13:28:22

martin Williams
Verified Member

Hi,

I am not aware of that - my understanding is it has to be non ADI for normal check test - however obviously pdi for ORDIT.

If it has changed very recently can you direct me to where you got the information/guidance?

Brian

Yes sure. I have had my letter for my check test its on 7th July in the guide which come with the letter it says I quote.

ADI/PDI as pupil on a check test
In recognition of the ongoing promotion of continuing personal development(CPD) within the industry, it will now be acceptable for an ADI to provide driver development to another ADI/PDI while on a Check Test; this will also include Fleet check tests. The examimer must however insure that the PDI/ADI being presented is seeking personal driver development.

#5 24-05-11 13:55:13

on board training

Hi,

Excellent update for us.

DSA just confirmed on phone to me it is a change that has just come in and they are not sure where beyond the letter it has been circulated yet.

Strange how we find out by accident sometimes, thinking we have our ear to the ground as well.

A real benefit of forums and their members.

Cheers, Brian

#6 25-05-11 23:48:28

on board training

Hi Martin,

Are you able to scan in the actual letter as I called the DSA today and was told this was right enough but I then had contact from someone who was speaking to the Registrar today and asked if this was now ok for check test and that person was told no, but it was being discussed but no change to the previous rules had been made.

It is important this is checked out but doesn't surprise me if there is a breakdown in communication at DSA levels.

Cheers, Brian

#7 26-05-11 21:12:47

on board training

Hi,

I have a definate update today after being told different things the last two days from DSA - an ADI still cannot use an ADI as a student on a check test. The reason the letter was sent out - it's an error and is an idea being banded about DSA corridors but shouldn't have gone to print anywhere - basically someone boobed at DSA and it is now being rectified.

At least we now know.

Cheers,
          Brian

#8 27-05-11 14:18:12

Roadmaster
Verified Member

I can confirm the above.  I have been to a meeting today and spoken with Charles Morton.  DSA will be sending out a letter to all those who received the wrong information

#9 27-05-11 16:45:53

martin Williams
Verified Member

Well if I have another letter I will let you know.

#10 31-05-11 19:23:14

bannerman

How can the DSA get something like that so wrong ?

#11 01-06-11 08:30:01

casper

Hi all, just a bit unsure here, understand letter was not supposed to go out.
What i want cleared up is, are th DSA considering letting other ADI's replace pupils or SE on check test.
If so would this not make check test a bit of a farce, unless DSA chose ADI, as it would be very easy for 2 ADI's to practice together and make test even more unrealistic. Not put that together very well but i hope you see what i mean.

pt1 pass 1st time 98% 60 23/9/09
pt2 passed 2nd time 6faults 9/3/10
pt3 passed 3rd time 4/4 jan 2011

#12 01-06-11 09:25:01

Roadmaster
Verified Member

There are no plans to change the current checktest reqirements.
There have been internal discussions at DSA, but none of it was supposed to have been released.

#13 09-06-11 07:53:10

martin Williams
Verified Member

Just to confirm I have recieved another letter stating it was a mistake.

#14 14-10-11 06:37:43

ratty

How would the examiner know a 'pupil' was actually an ADI?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 14-10-11 07:33:10

martin Williams
Verified Member

How would the examiner know a 'pupil' was actually an ADI?

When that ADI takes a pupil for test if that Examiner is there or when the ADI goes for their own check test.

Not worth risking your badge for is it?

#16 14-10-11 17:13:22

ratty

True enough, I wasn't thinking about that, I only do fleet so this is very unlikely to happen.

Board footer