You are not logged in.

#1 23-05-11 13:36:30

Panther Drive
Website

CPC Training to deliver CPC to HGV Industry

Hi all,

I am looking to undertake a course to train to be able to deliver CPC training to the HGV industry. Can anyone point me in the right direction? or recommend anyone?

Thanks in advance   smile

There is another way!!

23-05-11 13:36:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CPC Training to deliver CPC to HGV Industry

#2 23-05-11 15:40:53

(ROG)
Verified Member

there are train the trainer courses available - google that
or you can simply get a reference from a current or former employer to say you are capable of this or that

I should point out that you must be an approved DSA/JAUPT dcpc trainer of an approved DSA/JAUPT training school

also - it is deffo only a very part time job

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#3 23-05-11 19:22:33

trunkmonkey

I've done the Road Haulage Association - (RHA) Driver CPC Train the Trainer Course. A 5 day course held at their premises in Peterborough.
I thought the course was well presented. It went through the full process of gaining Centre approval and Trainer approval.
It included a 7 hr CPC presentation so that goes towards my periodic training.
Additionally, you are 'given' a 7 hour presentation and everything to deliver it.
I say 'given' because you have paid for the course. 

Worth looking into.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 23-05-11 20:00:22

(ROG)
Verified Member

I've done the Road Haulage Association - (RHA) Driver CPC Train the Trainer Course. A 5 day course held at their premises in Peterborough.
I thought the course was well presented. It went through the full process of gaining Centre approval and Trainer approval.
Additionally, you are 'given' a 7 hour presentation and everything to deliver it.

Worth looking into.

how much have you forked out to do it and since doing it how many hours have you taught?

IAM Observer

#5 23-05-11 20:59:01

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I done my "train the Trainer" DCPC course with RTITB, it was well put together, but to be honest, could be better.

I had already carried out a Driver Assessor 5 day course with them, so only needed 2 days CPC familiarisation, and have now carried out over 10 one day courses, all of which have been in-house, so no real problems

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 23-05-11 21:05:13

trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey wrote:

Worth looking into.

how much have you forked out to do it and since doing it how many hours have you taught?

I've only recently completed it. I never forked out anything. It was paid by my employer. This is because we are starting from scratch. We have submitted all the paperwork, received our approval for centre, courses and trainers and are in the process of going ahead with bookings.
So the question is premature at this stage.

I've seen what the RTITB offer, which, if you join the consortium, can look attractive. You have access to 42 courses, all JAUPT approved. That's better than the 1 x 7hr presentation offered by RHA.  There are six other courses on offer, but at a cost (about £650) and you can only buy them if you have completed the 5 day course.

#7 24-05-11 08:01:51

(ROG)
Verified Member

It will be interesting to find out in the future if all this investment pays off

IAM Observer

#8 25-05-11 19:00:40

Silvercar
Verified Member

Hi ROG you will know me as Redrorry on TruckNet, I've got my full DCPC for all C classes up till Sep 9/9/2019. I'm glad I've got it but do feel like a bit of a fraud because I got it yet have never driven commercially. Surely it should be to upgrade skills relating to class C work but not actually a class C licence in itself seems daft to me. Don't get me wrong I would have been daft not to take it. It looks good to show it to prospective employers and I need all the help I can get, but it feels stupid being technically more qualified that an experienced HGV driver who has still to achieve it.  :oops:

Seasoned HGV drivers must feel a bit like I and many driving instructors did when we had to go back and sit the ADI hazard perception test at the behest of the DSA having already passed the ADI qualifications some years before. A pointless exercise because some wallah in an office who has no idea of my experience or job says so.

There were all sorts of protest but when threatened with register removal (big stick) the politicians won.  :x

Anyhoo the search for an LGV job continues not for anything other than I now have a thirst to drive these big trucks. Far less stressful than teaching ungrateful teenagers to drive. tongue tongue tongue

#9 25-05-11 19:10:57

(ROG)
Verified Member

Hi ROG you will know me as Redrorry on TruckNet,

Hi mate

I know a certain amount of theory is required but it must be apropriate theory - a lot of the dcpc seems not to be

LGV driving has always been a practical skill and no amout of so called experts will ever convince me otherwise

Dcpc - training in just about everything except the driving - errr .... that's what a driver does most of isn't it .............

IAM Observer

#10 25-05-11 19:41:47

Silvercar
Verified Member

So ROG it take it and I would be daft not to, you being an IAM Senior observer think there should be an LGV advanced included in DCPC. You'll get no argument from me on that one, I have a truckers handbook for all the other stuff it's not exactly rocket science.

I have only signed up with agencies and their "no experience" policies, but am in the process of being about to hit every company I deem not bent within a radius of 20 miles. I have a feeling these people will have no understanding of the calibre of a driving instructors ability. That is were an advanced HGV test would suit me down to the ground. The ones who don't want to employ me are missing out on the best driver they never had. tongue

I don't think a CPC driving "assessment" would go down to well with LGV drivers, driving tests are seen as things only driving anoraks - thats you and me seem to have any conscience about. Joe public seem to think it's only in the domain of road safety wallah's and measure their own driving standards not by quality of the drive but how many miles covered, no matter how bad the driving is.

Having said all that I must admit the only driving related thing I have ever struggled with in my life was reversing an artic, but to be fair to me an artic is the only trailer I have ever reversed in 23 years of driving. wink

#11 26-05-11 07:27:48

(ROG)
Verified Member

Most LGV drivers come close to advanced standards

What many complain about is LGV driving assessors who tell them what they should be doing when all that is needed is to give the driver some advice or options

Unless a driver is unsafe then there would be no need to report the driver for anything untoward

IAM Observer

Board footer