You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-04-04 10:20:25

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Fail To Conform To Examiners Directions

Hi,
      Not had one yet but on a mock test this morning my pupil falied to turn right at the junction that I identified, he took the one after, although I cleary pointed it out. How would this be marked on actual test ? , is it a serious ? .
Seem to remember someone doing this at a rounabout and failing so have I answered my own question ?

26-04-04 10:20:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fail To Conform To Examiners Directions

#2 26-04-04 10:45:25

Liesa

Hi rusty

As long they only do it once or twice, the examiners are usually O.K with it. As long as it's done saftely i.e they signal appropriately for the junction they take!

If this becomes a repeated problem, the examiner can terminate the test, because they wouldn't be able to, test the canduidate properly on all the required elements.

#3 26-04-04 16:17:21

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for that Liesa.

#4 26-04-04 21:05:27

arib
Verified Member
Website

As far as I'm aware examiners are there to check the pupils safe driving skills. If a pupil goes the wrong way but does everything right in doing so how can the examiner fail him. He might not be very pleased because he will have to reroute him.
Just to add further debate to the theme of mock tests.  If you are coming to a 'T' junction: 'At the end of the road I want you to turn left'. The pupil on approach indicates right. Would you remind him or just let them get on with it and see what they do.

ariB

#5 26-04-04 21:17:23

Badger

The examiner cannot fail a pupil for anything other than driving faults.

If a pupil misinterprets an instruction and there is time to correct him safely then the examiner will do so.  Otherwise he will let it run.

I had words with an SE about an examiner who told my pupil on a roundabout that he was about to go past the exit he wanted when he was almost level with it.

The pupil panicked and swerved off the roundabout without checking properly.

The DE was dealt with internally I believe !

I have heard of a pupil who turned onto a M way slip road in error.  The DE stopped the car, abandoned the test and walked back to the TC.

Badger

#6 27-04-04 23:12:03

CarADI

It is possible to fail test for not following Examiner's directions.

#7 28-04-04 07:36:01

arib
Verified Member
Website

Can you explain more fully.
I've never had a fail for this. One pupil even went round a roundabout full circle and still went off at the wrong exit but indicated and checked blind spot correctly. The examiner even had a laugh about it at the end.

ariB

#8 28-04-04 08:35:08

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi

A fairly new  examiner here recently instructed a pupil to  take the second exit off a roundabout, so when the pupil had passed the small entrance to an industrial unit he took the second exit, straight onto the slip road for the M1 motorway :?  (he should have said third exit :oops: )

Examiner stopped pupil on hard shoulder just as Police car pulled up, examiner refused to drive the car, Cop had to drive it to next exit where car was abandoned and examiner phoned for a taxi to T.C.

Examiner was dealt with by his employers and sweated for a few weeks until Police decided not to pursue sad

The other examiners still take the wee wee out of him as evidenced by satirical posters on the walls of the examiners office.

Bloke looks and acts like a cross between Mr Bean and Norman Wisdom, still should'nt get personal, he passed my last two with him tongue despite his reputation as a serial failer.

Cheers

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#9 28-04-04 08:41:01

Badger

""It is possible to fail test for not following Examiner's directions.""

Clearly if the examiner tells the candidate to perform a Reversing exercise and they refuse then it is a fail.

But I dont think this thread is about that do you ?

Badger

Board footer