You are not logged in.

#1 16-05-11 20:20:34

BigTC

New on here, and a new ADI!

Hello all!

I passed my part 3 at my 2nd attempt on Feb 11th this year. I had pst 5. On the first part, I was teaching the emergency stop on a reasonaby quiet urban dual carriageway (chosen by the examiner, of course!). After one particular attempt, we were pulled into the side of the road discussing it when I looked up to see a woman driving a Porsche Cayenne 4WD towards us on our carriageway... both the examiner and I waved frantically
to her so she stopped alongside the car and wound the window down. The examiner said to her it was a dual carriageway, and we both expected her to bump over the low central reservation to the correct side, but no, she proceeded to do a 7-point turn behind us. Quickly thinking what would I do if it were a real lesson, I got the examiner to move on... Then on the 2nd part, we had to pull out of the way pretty sharpish from a fire engine on a shout! yikes

I decided not to take out a franchise, as I live in Argyll and felt that they couldn't fill my diary any quicker than I could myself. It took me exactly a month to get my car organised and get started. I placed an ad in the local paper (1 reply that came to nought) and put up A4 posters in any local business that would take them. And I also tied up a couple of posters to a fence where the local highschool kids queue to buy lunch. That has brought me a couple of pupils. Facebook has also brought in several enquiries and I hope to start some pupils from that in the next couple of weeks.

My car is a Citroen DS3 and I had it fully liveried for maximum impact. A couple of my pupils chose me to teach them because of the car - it is way different from the plain Clios and Fiestas tha are around here.

I need a couple of other income streams, though. How does one go about training for speed awareness training, for example?

16-05-11 20:20:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New on here, and a new ADI!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-05-11 09:02:17

gadgetdriver
Website

Re: New on here, and a new ADI!

Prepared to be corrected, but there are no speed awareness courses in Scotland, are there?
ACPO guidelines have recently changed, and a definite requirement is a level 3 teaching qualification - PTTLLS

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

Board footer