You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-11 15:23:43

Sammypdi1
Website

PART 2 QUESTION

hi all ive been preparing for part 2 and ive been reading driving essential skills and instructors handbook part 2 and it says that to pass the part 2 test the candidate must drive in a business like manor this is prob a stupid question but what is a business like manor exactly. my instructor said dont drive like a learner but could anyone give me any more on this.

thanks

Sammy

Passed part 1 second attempt 97/100 58
Passed part 2 first attempt 5 minors
passed part 3 first attempt

26-04-11 15:23:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PART 2 QUESTION

#2 26-04-11 16:24:04

(ROG)
Verified Member

I have never done any ADI training but i'll hazard a guess -

driving safely, proficiently, with progress where safely possible and making good use of the controls as well as good planning/forward thinking

Not putting too much emphasis on progress as they might be looking at your drive in relation to giving a demo drive to a learner

thats my guess

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 26-04-11 17:27:35

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I think they like you to move - don't hang around, in other words, but practice your own anticipation/timing skills by doing running commentaries. If they are good enough, you can drive up to traffic conditions safely. I even practice now to keep the car moving at all times and, where possible, in 4/5th gear. Just makes me think ahead more.

Anyway, I guess there are people more set to give advice than me and no doubt we'll hear from them any time now...;-)

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#4 11-05-11 18:40:35

Bella2010
Website

It means driving 'briskly', as if you're being followed by a police car! So getting upto speed limits and staying at them if it's safe / appropriate to do so. Make progress and don't be unduly hesitant.

#5 11-05-11 19:54:32

Sammypdi1
Website

yes my instructor told me to drive as if i was being followed by the police and i was late for a job interview seems to do the trick big_smile   

Passed part 1 second attempt 97/100 58
Passed part 2 first attempt 5 minors
passed part 3 first attempt

Board footer