You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-11 20:50:11

American Trucker
Verified Member

Hello

Hello everyone

I'm Sam and I've been a guest on this site for a while and have found it very useful and now I would like to commit and contribute to this site and be a part of the community smile

I am looking for fun/laugh/seriousness/help/advice/guidance/coaching/training etc

I have a job offer as bus driver, training starts on 9th May. Help!?!?

On a personal side, I'm a carer, doing it for just over 2 years - dad's paralysed. A little while back I was told by family hop to it, get your life sorted, get a job! So I am at a complete loose end, no social life, friends, work etc. life revolved around caring, daily needs, hospitals etc etc. Can't believe how things have become!
I've come back to thing I liked the most - Driving.
So here I am smile

I don't want to spend all my time here on the net, am looking for friends to meet up in real life too. I'm in london so its all Oyster to every where for right now!

I was in America close to 10 years, settled, married and divorced.
CDL A Commercial Driver, OTR (Over the Road 3/4 weeks out on the truck), drove all over the country, all seasons, 20' 40' but mostly 53' trailers and reefers.
Driver training - training newbies fresh from schools.
Office work - conducted driver orientation and training courses offered by the safety dept.

Questions:
Should i just start and stay with Bus Company as driver for the next 2-3 years?
Should I get all license categories? i.e A and C. D will be done with the bus company
Need transportation, should i go with car or get CBT and get moped/bike? training,cost etc?
Further study - PTTLS,CTTLS,DTTLS yes/no? when to start?
ADI. start training? when? how about C/D? do i have to wait 3 years before training?
A1, ORDIT, Fleet etc worth looking into all this? when?
IAM, ROSPA etc should i and when?

There's lots more questions, not enough hours in the day! LOL

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you and being involved
Happy to talk over emails, PM's etc

Thanks and be safe

B,BE,C1,C1E,D1 101, D1E 101, fklnp, Digi Tach
Provisional: A, D
D - theory/hpt 98/73 19/5/11

26-04-11 20:50:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-04-11 21:41:45

gadgetdriver
Website

Phew - welcome. Lots of stuff there, and I suspect most of it is personal choice. My advice is to decide what you really want then go get it. Start with the training you need to achieve what you want then look at other stuff. I think you need a plan. Sounds like the bus work will give a bit of stability and income while you decide which way to go.

Good luck.

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#3 03-05-11 14:05:17

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum, I am pleased to hear you have joined our great community  smile

I do admire you, being a carer is an extremely demanding job, especially when it affects your own life so drastically.
So you have established you like driving, and training to become a bus driver is a start, and your training does start very soon, please let us know how you get on with that, I am sure our members would love to hear of your progress.

You have a varied list of possible directions to go in, and maybe others can advise on exactly what is involved in taking the various courses mentioned.
If it helps this will give you more of an idea about training as an ADI.  http://www.squidoo.com/driving_instructors

It is very refreshing to have new members join with such ambition and I wish you all the very best in your future career.
Please let us know how you get on with your bus training.

Regards
Vanda

Board footer