You are not logged in.

#1 27-04-11 20:00:02

Sammypdi1
Website

urgent question

I had a business that failed hence i am training to become an adi i have already passed part 1 got part 2 booked and crb check etc done however i recieved a letter earlier this week to aprear in court as a former business debt is taking me to court for bankruptcy if i am declared bankrupt will this mean i can no longer become an adi? or will this affect the process in anyway.

Sorry to bother you with this but any clear answers would be appreciated.

Passed part 1 second attempt 97/100 58
Passed part 2 first attempt 5 minors
passed part 3 first attempt

27-04-11 20:00:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: urgent question

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-04-11 23:21:20

Discovery
Website

Hi Sammypdi1

Sorry to hear of your situation.  Re your court hearing, ask Citizens Advice or a bankruptcy solicitor about entering into an "Individual Voluntary Agreement" with your creditor, it could avoid actually going bankrupt.  Your creditor may prefer this too if they are more likely to get the full amount owed back. 

ADI Grade 5, B+E Training, B.O.R.D.A and NPTC Off Road qualified instructor
www.drivinglessons-charlton.co.uk

#3 28-04-11 08:09:45

KevB
Verified Member
Website

No, it shouldn't effect your ability to become an instructor.

However, I would think long and hard about becoming an ADI at this time.
For most, it will be a financial strain for a couple of years.  For quite a few, a financial disaster.

Only a few actually get to make money from this vocation.

KevB

#4 28-04-11 08:18:24

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I doubt that setting up as an adi will bring you into credit. A lot of instructors are going under right now and I hear reports of some doing less than 5 hours per week. I would look for something else for now, although it may be wise to finish your training.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#5 28-04-11 10:15:28

Sammypdi1
Website

I called the dsa today they told me that i should send them a letter if i get declared bankrupt immediately and i should continue with the training, and it would be unlikely this would affect me getting my green badge there has been many people been bankrupt that have been accepted onto the register.

the wouldnt even acknowledge my bankruptcy until i applied for my green or pink badge and that the would not remove me from the pdi register.

whilst this is encouraging i dont want to spend more money pass the remaining tests and then be told sorry we cant accept you on the register.

Hopefully it wont come to bankruptcy was at court this morning and managed to get it continued for 4 weeks in the hope these debtors will work with meto get through this only thing is these days they just want to go for sequistration and reck your life it is true what they say the higher you go the bigger the fall.

#6 28-04-11 13:25:34

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

It sounds like you've had a tough time  lately. I hope it works out for you in the end.

Hilary.

#7 28-04-11 20:19:31

Rockin
Verified Member

Hope you already have a suitable car for teaching, as I would guess that you would find it difficult to either lease or hire contract a car. Your credit rating might not be good enough. However good luck with it all.

#8 28-04-11 21:43:44

Sammypdi1
Website

Rockin thats a very good point i currently have a zafira on hire purchess this will never do as an instructors car, my dad has an peugoet 206 lying in his garage ive been told i can have but i think it will be too old to use but my trainer said theres plenty of instructors using 206 infact one adis got the really old shape nissan micra lol my trainer has the hyundai i30 that would be the dream

#9 29-04-11 06:32:25

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I think you'll find the car is less important than you think. It is the desire to be in the car teaching people to drive and helping them move on that matters.

Hilary.

#10 29-04-11 08:41:55

Sammypdi1
Website

Yes you are correct although the 206 on offer is a v reg lol but it hasent been drove for 5 years as my dad had an accident and he is now confined toa wheel chair so the car looks almost as good as it did when it was new he only drove about 40 miles a week in it infact its done less than 100 miles since its last mot but the reg plate puts me off but would i get away with using it and how much could i charge for lessons. Also had a peak at my trainers diary hes a busy guy couldnt believe how many weeks in advance he had booked up although he did say it takes time to build it up to that level but its worth it in  the end and he charges £30 per lesson for adi training and £24 for a learner.

#11 29-04-11 08:56:58

Luchell
Verified Member

Hi Sammy. It can take a LONG LONG time to build a diary like that which by the sounds of it you are aware of anyhow. If you're worried about the reg of the car buy your own plate. they start from £250 from the DVLA or other places, that way it hides the age of the car so to speak. It's extra money spent out when you could do without it but at some point you might like the idea so thought I would mention it. I initially bought mine to hide the car being an 02 reg so 3 years old at the time then the car refused to do a days work and was in and out of the garage with problem after problem. I gave up and relaunched the business after buying a new car and waiting for its delivery for 6 weeks and stuck my plate on that. Handy now as it's an 06 plate and I've had it 5 years  lol I'm quite recognised by it as are others that have done the same in my area. There's a few now. Most have done it for similar reasons in that you can't necessarily tell what reg the car really is/was buit some hate the idea. Each to their own really  smile

As for hourly rate that you will need to consider nearer the time, have a look around your area see whos using what and what sort of offers and normal rates they use. That will give you an idea of typical charges within the area you hope to generate work.

#12 29-04-11 16:19:00

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Sammy,

I am not surprised to hear the hourly rate for teaching adi's because so many people want to become one. Question is, could he fill the diary with all learners?

Hilary.

#13 30-04-11 20:58:37

ratty

Isn't that why a lot of instructors now teach instructors because they can't fill their diaries with learners?

#14 01-05-11 08:44:46

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Yes - and it's a vicious circle.

Hilary.

#15 01-05-11 11:27:26