You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 20-04-11 18:46:43

trunkmonkey

Re: Fleet badge - worth it?

www.anydriver.co.uk.

They seem to offer something like funded training.

Just a shot in the dark, of course.

20-04-11 18:46:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 20-04-11 18:47:46

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Thanks - I'll take a look.

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#28 20-04-11 20:02:24

neil8181
Verified Member

neil8181 wrote:
ratty wrote:

Maybe Mr Bean had got his facts wrong when he said this?

neil8181 wrote:

Why don't you two get your facts right. Very amusing reading your comments.

IT WAS A FREE COURSE!

From a VERY GOOD DSA Accreditted company

Laughable tongue There's some very switched on companies out there managing to source support from from the government to develop ADI's. People get rather bitter when these things are screamed out from the roof tops. tongue

So would it be correct to say that the OP did not pay directly for the courses, it was subsidised totally by the government? ie the government paid the VERY GOOD DSA Accreditted for doing the course?

Can you please correct me if I have got this wrong.

You are NOT wrong!

neil8181 wrote:

The OP was looking for experiences of people who are qualified, not negative opinions on his research.   roll

I'm curious if the OP can speak for himself here rather than you answering for him.

If these so called switched on companies want to keep this quite, why did you bring it up and how do you know where the OP did his training?

I could tell from the way he was writing , so I PM'd him.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 20-04-11 20:32:41

ratty

One thing is for sure,
here is not the place I would promote such forward thinking, FULLY FUNDED, super-high quality courses given the history of negativity towards other ideas on here.

Give Neil a break - he is currently benefitting massively from this company, the funding and the quality of the courses he has done and is doing.
Cue the negativity.

I have to say that, unless I am totally misunderstanding this and please correct me if I am, I can not believe what I am reading here!

Are you seriously saying that the government is funding ADI training?

I don't know the exact figures involved here but the general theory is that of the thousands (?) of people who start out ADI training not many pass their part 1. Of those that do, not many of those pass their part 2s. Of those that do that, a very small percentage pass their part 3s. Again unless someone corrects me, there appears to be no shortage of potential ADIs who are quite happy and quite capable of financing their change of careers. In my area, Hertfordshire and North London, there often appears to be an infestation of driving school cars. I saw 5 within half a mile on my estate this evening! So, there appears to be no shortage of potential ADIs who can finance their own training to do a job many think is oversubscribed already and the government is using tax payer's money to FULLY FUND more training for other ?!!!

If this is the case, I have no doubt that Neil is 'benefitting massively' if he is involved in giving this training. This is not free training, it is someone else is paying for it training. And by the sound of it, it is us the tax payers paying no doubt a very good rate to this company to train people to do a job where there is no shortage of people doing it already! I do not want to pay tax for it then to be used to pay, what is let's be honest about this, my competition to train even more competition! I do not want to sound as if I am attacking the OP here but it sounds as if he has had his extra training paid for by our tax and he then doesn't even know if he wants to pay for the licence because he is not sure if he wants to do the work! Again I stress, please correct me if I am getting this wrong, but he has not received free training, he has received training someone else has paid for. US.

IF this is correct, I'm not surprised that Neil does not want others to know about this. I bet he regrets mentioning it now.

#30 20-04-11 20:42:33

neil8181
Verified Member

johnnyfr wrote:

One thing is for sure,
here is not the place I would promote such forward thinking, FULLY FUNDED, super-high quality courses given the history of negativity towards other ideas on here.

Give Neil a break - he is currently benefitting massively from this company, the funding and the quality of the courses he has done and is doing.
Cue the negativity.

I have to say that, unless I am totally misunderstanding this and please correct me if I am, I can not believe what I am reading here!

I don't know the exact figures involved here but the general theory is that of the thousands (?) of people who start out ADI training not many pass their part 1. Of those that do, not many of those pass their part 2s. Of those that do that, a very small percentage pass their part 3s. Again unless someone corrects me, there appears to be no shortage of potential ADIs who are quite happy and quite capable of financing their change of careers. In my area, Hertfordshire and North London, there often appears to be an infestation of driving school cars. I saw 5 within half a mile on my estate this evening! So, there appears to be no shortage of potential ADIs who can finance their own training to do a job many think is oversubscribed already and the government is using tax payer's money to FULLY FUND more training for other ?!!!

If this is the case, I have no doubt that Neil is 'benefitting massively' if he is involved in giving this training. This is not free training, it is someone else is paying for it training. And by the sound of it, it is us the tax payers paying no doubt a very good rate to this company to train people to do a job where there is no shortage of people doing it already! I do not want to pay tax for it then to be used to pay, what is let's be honest about this, my competition to train even more competition! I do not want to sound as if I am attacking the OP here but it sounds as if he has had his extra training paid for by our tax and he then doesn't even know if he wants to pay for the licence because he is not sure if he wants to do the work! Again I stress, please correct me if I am getting this wrong, but he has not received free training, he has received training someone else has paid for. US.

IF this is correct, I'm not surprised that Neil does not want others to know about this. I bet he regrets mentioning it now.

You are very good at barking up the wrong tree! I am NOT working for this company.

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#31 20-04-11 20:47:15

neil8181
Verified Member

One thing is for sure,

Cue the negativity.

As we expected! yikes

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#32 20-04-11 21:59:42

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

PS Is it worth it???

I'm supposed to be on holiday and spoke to a guy today who has 200 drivers, half of whom need in-vehicle training.

It is SOOOOO worth it but you need to sell yourself.
Having a green badge doesn't give you a full book of learners the same as a fleet badge doesn't give you 50 weeks per year fleet work.

Funding or not lol.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#33 20-04-11 23:58:09

johnnyfr
Verified Member
Website

Just to bleep you all off even more, the DWP (job centre) will fund most training to take someone long term unemployed into work.

But the forward thinking ones already know this.

In fact, certain cynics have already benefitted from this - even though they are slow to admit it.

Do the ADINJC know about this?
Who cares?

Double standards?
Yes.

DSA ADI (car) -- DSA Fleet Driver Trainer [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk/grade6adi.php]Grade 6[/URL] -- ORDIT Registered Trainer
Level 4 PTLLS, Rospa Gold, NVQ Level 3 Driving Instruction, A1 Assessors Award, [URL=http://www.brake.org.uk]Brake[/URL] Road Safety Ambassador, DIA Taxi Trainer.
Visit us for [URL=http://www.prontopass.co.uk]Driving Lessons[/URL] or [URL=http://www.accufleet.co.uk]Fleet Driver Training[/URL]

#34 21-04-11 06:58:16

ratty

ratty wrote:
johnnyfr wrote:

One thing is for sure,

Cue the negativity.

You are very good at barking up the wrong tree! I am NOT working for this company.

Then ONCE AGAIN please correct me about what is happening.

Are you saying our taxes are not being used to train more unnecessary ADIs? Are you saying that this wonderful company, which no one appears to want to name, is not taking tax payer's money to train people who do not appear to know much about the career they are training for? It strikes me that the OP must have been an ADI prior to taking the fleet course. If so, why was he going to presumably the DWP for funding. Surely he was an ADI, not long term unemployed?

If someone would only explain exactly what is happening here there would not be any misunderstanding would there.

#35 21-04-11 07:05:14

ratty

johnnyfr wrote:

One thing is for sure,

Cue the negativity.

As we expected! yikes

Then why did 'we' post this information to start with?

#36 21-04-11 08:36:28

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I am also interested in precisely what the government ( us ) are paying for here. Is it fleet, adi training, learners etc.?

Hilary.

#37 21-04-11 08:50:42

neil8181
Verified Member

neil8181 wrote:
johnnyfr wrote:

One thing is for sure,

Cue the negativity.

As we expected! yikes

Then why did 'we' post this information to start with?

I just told you he didn't pay for it to save you crossing any more wires smile

I am also interested in precisely what the government ( us ) are paying for here. Is it fleet, adi training, learners etc.?

Hilary.

We are paying for investment in people. There's nothing new there.

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#38 21-04-11 09:10:23

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I'm not saying you haven't used good business acumen by picking up on  a way to get your clients courses paid for them. Although, I think it's also fair to say that it is not getting to the cause of the problem and that is that there are too many instructors and not enough work - indeed, it just goes to exacerbate it.

Whether that's good reason to stop someone doing as you have is open to debate.

Hilary.

#39 21-04-11 09:20:07

neil8181
Verified Member

I'm not saying you haven't used good business acumen by picking up on  a way to get your clients courses paid for them. Although, I think it's also fair to say that it is not getting to the cause of the problem and that is that there are too many instructors and not enough work - indeed, it just goes to exacerbate it.

Whether that's good reason to stop someone doing as you have is open to debate.

Hilary.

I repeat, I do NOT own or work for this company and deserve no praise or whatever else for this matter. big_smile
They are training people to compete with the elite. I see no harm in that. smile

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#40 21-04-11 10:47:17

ratty

Define 'elite' please.

#41 21-04-11 11:24:07

trunkmonkey

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have Walter, who, by all accounts has attended and passed an accredited fleet course, which according to some has been completely funded.

His comment on completing the course and the next step of getting fleet work  " I haven't a clue how to start this process".

That is worrying.  What does that say about the course?

The two people extolling the virtues of this 'free' training have yet to offer him any assistance.

I would like to offer him as much help as possible, because we all had to start out somewhere. He contributes on another forum where the respondents have been more favourable.

#42 21-04-11 11:40:22

neil8181
Verified Member

I know from experience that this company has directed me towards fleet work and provided a course to source my own work. Thanks anonymous! There are many, many adi's BENEFITING from this I can assure you! Not ONE will complain about their services....just those that have not used those services....now there's a  yikes

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#43 21-04-11 13:59:06

daz6215
Verified Member

It looks like business link may provide support with CPD

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … 1&type=PIP

#44 21-04-11 19:38:53

trunkmonkey

I know from experience that this company has directed me towards fleet work and provided a course to source my own work. Thanks anonymous! There are many, many adi's BENEFITING from this I can assure you! Not ONE will complain about their services....just those that have not used those services....now there's a  yikes

So where does that place Walter, who is clearly asking for assistance and it appears the people that trained him  are not providing any after care?

That is a sad testament/testimonial to that company.

I don't really care about the many,many ADI's benefiting from the company, they are not the ones asking for help.

You obviously aren't prepared to do it, nor is Johnny.  You both come across like Kirby Vacuum cleaner salesmen from the 1980's.

I'm going to use the other forum, and if I can motivate Walter to think positive and go for the orange badge, I'll help him all I can.

And guess what -  he won't need funding.

Meantime, you two can wallow in your self glory.

#45 21-04-11 20:38:53

neil8181
Verified Member

neil8181 wrote:

So where does that place Walter, who is clearly asking for assistance and it appears the people that trained him  are not providing any after care?

That is a sad testament/testimonial to that company.

I don't really care about the many,many ADI's benefiting from the company, they are not the ones asking for help.

You obviously aren't prepared to do it, nor is Johnny.  You both come across like Kirby Vacuum cleaner salesmen from the 1980's.

I'm going to use the other forum, and if I can motivate Walter to think positive and go for the orange badge, I'll help him all I can.

And guess what -  he won't need funding.

Meantime, you two can wallow in your self glory.

EVERYONE is offered further training after the course if they would like to take it up. I can't think of too many fleet training companies that provide a customer service course once qualified to provide skills to source fleet work can you? This one does just that!
I am NOT a trainer or an emplyee but speak as somebody who has completed these courses and am now reaping the rewards for this. I have PM'd Walter long before you jumped on this post to offer alot of advice. Feel free to ask him. Walter could not possibly have bad things to say about the company, I am very confident of that!

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#46 21-04-11 21:12:06

trunkmonkey

The fact is, Walter should never have had to come on here and ask for help. The course should have given him guidance on what to do . You say they do, why hasn't he gone there?

I don't think I'm the only one wondering why he hasn't posted since you PM'd him.

As for after care. The only evidence I see is from a person who "doesn't have a clue how to start this process". 

#47 21-04-11 21:18:20

trunkmonkey

Just to bleep you all off even more, the DWP (job centre) will fund most training to take someone long term unemployed into work.

How does Walter, a qualified ADI, benefit from this scheme?

#48 22-04-11 05:12:20

neil8181
Verified Member

The fact is, Walter should never have had to come on here and ask for help. The course should have given him guidance on what to do . You say they do, why hasn't he gone there?

I don't think I'm the only one wondering why he hasn't posted since you PM'd him.

As for after care. The only evidence I see is from a person who "doesn't have a clue how to start this process".

Why is this forum so popular? Because we are not given aftercare when qualified as ADI's, the company in question actually does!

Some of the "attacking" posts earlier have probably scared him off.

I used this forum when I first qualified as a major tool to PASSING my part 3 and STARTING my own business. My training provider didn't offer any aftercare. I paid them £2500!

A1 Assessor
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#49 22-04-11 07:39:33

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Walter could not possibly have bad things to say about the company, I am very confident of that!

A bit presumptuous, isn't it? Rather like saying that because somebody thinks an organisation/instructor  is good that everyone else should do so too.

Hilary.

#50 22-04-11 08:08:02

trunkmonkey

This isn't about qualifying to be an ADI. It cost all of us money to do that.

This is about a fleet course, regardless of being free or funded or costing top dollar, that hasn't put anything into its agenda to point the student in the right direction post-course.

I could have done my fleet for free, we all could have. To gain the RoSPA Diploma you only need turn up on the day and pay for the tests.

I don't see the posts by Ratty and Smithwold as 'attacking'. They were asking for information about the course provider.
You know who it was, as does Johnny and yet neither of you are prepared to say anything about the company other than it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Walter hasn't named it. Clearly he never got much from the course other than a pass and a blank piece of paper saying what to do next.
Following your PM he hasn't posted.

Is it not reasonable for us to think that is suspicious? 

Are the tests in-house or are DSA examiners used?

I've recently completed a Driver CPC Train the Trainer Course with the Road Haulage Association. It cost £1500. During the course I learnt about marketing strategies, business plans, presentation delivery. I walked away with a mountain of folders,files, DVD's, contact numbers and complete 7 hour presentations. In addition there is a helpline. That, to me at least, is a complete package.

Has the RHA benefited?  Yes, to the tune of £1500, and also knowing their logo will be on every presentation.
Have I benefited?  Yes, I'm far more equipped to deliver CPC and train others to do it than before.

Contrast with Walter.
Has the training provider benefited?  Yes, probably about £1000 from subsidised funding.
Has Walter benefited?  No

Board footer