You are not logged in.

#1 06-04-11 19:42:50

adastra

New member, just starting out

Hello, just joined this forum - found it while Googling info to research whether I want to become an instructor. Based in rural Perthshire.

I've pretty much made my decision to start training, looked at various 'big name' options but probably going to go with the local outfit who trained my son, and where I did my motorcycle training about 15 years ago.

Still investigating the franchise vs sole trader debate. I've been self employed for many years so I'm looking at it in hard business terms - renting a car from Go Select plus insurance works out at about £100 per week, so the balance of the franchise fee is spent on admin, support and marketing. Some of the franchises are up to £300 or more, which buys an awful lot of advertising! Of the big names only the AA looked impressive franchise-wise, BSM have a good brand name but it's £100 a week extra, which is a lot. Any thoughts on the subject much appreciated .....

This looks like a great forum, glad I found it at this stage!

06-04-11 19:42:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New member, just starting out

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-04-11 09:15:30

gadgetdriver
Website

Good luck. My take in 2003/4 when starting out was that if I can generate my own pupils, why bother with a franchise? I started slowly with a couple of friends' kids who recommended me to their friends and in about 6 months I had a full diary. If you need a quick start or don't have friends and relations the right age, then a franchise may well be the answer.

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#3 15-04-11 19:15:50

Haddon-Davies
Website

New member and just trying to post some new topics and reply to current posts.  Any handy tips on how to set up a new topic or anything else for that matter!?  Thanks.

Board footer