You are not logged in.

#1 06-04-11 12:49:08

HAM1

mirrors

If your in slow moving traffic, and you want to change lanes, or merge into traffic, is there a point which you can use as reference on your rear view mirror to see when to change or merge so as not to cut in on driver behind.

Is there a point which you can use on your rear view mirror to see the car behind is at a safe distance for you to turn in.

If I saw the front wheels of the car behind and a little bit of road, would that be too much of a gap I was looking for in slow moving traffic.

06-04-11 12:49:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: mirrors

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-04-11 15:24:45

mdf0075

If you are in slow moving traffic (say 5mph stop/start) if you needed to change lanes you would need to check BOTH your middle and side mirror and i would check my blind spot for filtering traffic such as bikes ect.

If the traffic is going that slow you will not have a safe gap to change into so i would check as above and signal what i wanted to do, then change lanes when a gap was made by other vehicles

Sorry I did not understand the bit about checking your rear view and to get a safe distance!!!! :? :?
could you reword it please

Cheers Michael

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

#3 07-04-11 09:02:20

(ROG)
Verified Member

A turn of the head might also help if not judging too well by mirrors alone

Get the learner to put themselves into the drivers seat of the vehicle they are intending to move in front of and see it from their perspective

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Board footer