You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 31-03-11 14:16:01

yorkie
Verified Member
Website

My latest check test write up

I had my second check test recently and as I felt I did badly on my first and got a 4 (I'm not degrading a 4 but I also got a bit of a bashing from the examiner who I now know had a habit of doing that on peoples first check test - he's now retired)

I took a couple of hypnotherapy sessions to try to be calmer this time (nerves got in the way on my first one and I was trying too hard to please the examiner rather than just giving a normal lesson) and that helped loads, anyway onto the test.

I was unable to get a pupil, so on the morning of the test I rang and said I needed to take the role play option instead.
Arrived nice and early and the examiner came out to inform me that there would be two of them coming and could I explain to my pupil!!!

ME: ok so you didn't get the message that I need to do role play?

EX: No, but that's ok come into the office, what role play option would you like to do?

ME: The remedial (DL25)

EX: ok, give me a moment to prepare the DL25

So we end up with myself, my examiner and (I think) ACDE sitting in the back, I had a few minutes to digest the DL25 and formulate a plan (11 faults marked mostly mirrors before signalling and progress undue hesitation) and then the lesson started with my recap/plan/Q&A and then off we go.

So, the examiner kept 'forgetting' to check mirrors before signalling or would check centre mirror-signal-check left (or right) mirror, as I worked on developing this he responded brilliantly and did it correctly  smile
Next was the progress which was sometimes not accelerating up to a decent speed nice and early or coming to an emerge and stopping. I took him round a circuit of left emerges and encouraged him to get 1st gear on approach and look right and left nice and early with a view to getting out without stopping IF clear (with a bit of work on minimum observations) and again he responded brilliantly to this  smile

Mirrors whilst on roundabouts were going well at the start but then dropped off a bit so had to develop those and again the examiner responded, meanwhile the mirrors before signalling crept back in so more work on that and then it was time to head back, phew, recap and asked how he thought it went and again he responded well saying how much happier he was with his driving, I asked if he had another test booked etc, wished him well and then the 10 minute wait for the grade!

The examiner was VERY positive and gave some great feedback, complemented me on a good lesson (as did the ACDE) and just said that towards the end when the mirrors before signalling fault came back I should have prompted him more to not make the mistake rather than identify/analyse/remedy and gave a me a grade 5 and said if there was anything i wanted to discuss at anytime then to contact him - very approachable  smile
(he also complemented me on bringing "a nice clean car" - Do ADI's turn up in dirty cars for check test?)

We than had a fairly informal chat about CPD which was instigated by the ACDE asking if I was doing anything towards it and he gave me some good advice and really changed my view of what constitutes CPD

With hindsightwill  I feel that if I had prompted more I was a whisker off maybe getting a 6??? -or is that just wishful thinking  lol

I would certainly choose the remedial option again as it really allows you to show that you can think on your feet and adapt at the drop of a hat, whereas for my first test I was trying to plan TOO much in the weeks beforehand.

For my first test column A was all 2's or 3's and column B was all 3's or 4's. for this test column A was all 3's and column B was all 5's or 6's with the core comps being 6 for ID and analysis and 5 for remedial.

I now know I will  not be dreading the next test but actually relishing it  big_smile

www.candodriving.co.uk
DSA ADI since 2004
Rospa advanced test (gold) 2006, 2009 & 2012

31-03-11 14:16:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My latest check test write up

#2 03-04-11 21:01:02

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Nice write up, brave to go for the DL25!

Congrats on the result

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

#3 04-04-11 15:17:34

Vhasler

Congratulations and thanks for that write up! I've just got my letter through the post for my first check test and within minutes I had chosen the role play option.  I moved a year ago but still feel like I know my old area much better than this one! And as none of my current pupils up here seem willing to be a pupil it seems like the best plan. I think to find out the subject a few minutes earlier out on the lesson means that you do just have to perform with not much prior planning. So hopefully I'm not going to worry about what subject to do as they choose on the remedial. Less to worry about that way I guess. Just need to refocus on fault ID, analysis and remedy. Thanks again x

5/7/08 passed adi part 1 - 100/60 (1st attempt)
3/11/08 passed adi part 2 - 2 minors (1st attempt)
15/10/09 passed adi part 3 - 4/4 (first attempt)

Board footer