You are not logged in.

#1 17-05-05 16:48:50

howly

What a beautiful day.....and then i took my part 2!!!

the sun was out, the sky was blue.  what a perfect day to take your part 2 (that wasn't meant to rhyme!).

anyway, to the test.  surprisingly i felt really calm, i wasn't totally without nerves but that is never a bad thing.  in the first 20 minites of the test i completed all my manoeuvres, and it all went great, just as i'd practiced for all those countless hours.  then we came to the general driving part (the bit i was most worried about).  i was amazed at my driving, i was doing everything i was supposed to be doing - correct speed, good anticipation, aware of signs (particularly speed limits), decisive.  Great!

the test was near it's completion.  i was returning back to the test centre.  just one last potential problem area (some very quick to change traffic lights that have caught me out more than once during practice).  i wasn't going to mess that up though, and sure enough i got through them un- scathed.  before i knew i was parked up , engine off, at the test centre.  "i have passed", i thought to myself, i haven't put a foot (or wheel) wrong.  i was delighted.....

... and then the SEADI spoke....

..."i'm sorry to say you have failed the test" he said.  my immediate response never passed my lips as i quickly realised i will have the pleasure of this man's company for my next test!!!

"oh!" i said.  not believing what i had just heard.  the nightmare was just starting.

his debrief was longer winded than it needed to be (i just wanted to inflict pain on the nice man sitting next to me).  basically i failed because i didn't take effective obs when proceeding at traffic controlled juctions.  i should have been looking to the left and right as i passed the junction.  i thought that whilst i may not have turned my head to look left and right, i didn't proceed with my eyes closed!!  anyway.  this error was duplicated 7/8 times on the test so resulted in a serious fault.  i only got one other minor for obs on the right reverse.

to cap off my beautiful day i quickly phoned for another date for my 2nd attempt.  14th of july.  2 months and £70 to stew over my error.

the sun is now obscured by a big black cloud.

great.

chris

all the best to those of you who are taking your part two soon.

17-05-05 16:48:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What a beautiful day.....and then i took my part 2!!!

#2 17-05-05 16:58:13

Django

So close. Well, with the experience gained today you should sail though the next one. Pain it's that far away. Get out there every day and practise. Don't let your standard slip. Bet you turn your head both ways at junctions from now on. Best you do so when your next test comes round it's habit rather than having to prompt yourself.

Hard lines again. Look at the positives though. Only one driving fault if you had just turned your head at the lights. That is something to build on.

Chin up, you'll do it next time.

#3 17-05-05 17:02:36

howly

thanks django.

i feel much better already for having said my piece.  i'll take your advice, as well as put some work into part three.

#4 17-05-05 18:36:23

luchell

what a shame but if its any help your next test is on my birthday so im sure it'll be a happy day lol  my trainer always harped on at me to look in to the roads as i was passing and at traffic controlled roundabouts as i proceeded to move off to check to the right etc. well as said you wont forget that ever and that can only benefit you and your pupils. roll on that next test and im sure you'll be fine. one minor today is still something to be proud of.

#5 17-05-05 22:43:02

Mmm

what do you mean exactly by "traffic controlled junctions"? thanks

#6 18-05-05 12:23:01

Richofwilts

Howly,

Sorry to hear obout you beautiful day being spoilt, Iam sure you'll pass next time.
I am on part two at the mo,and my instructor is prompting me about looking into minor roads as we pass them and looking left and right when proceding through traffic lights etc.

Are we expected to cover all the manouveres on the actual part two test  ?

Richard.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 18-05-05 14:35:09

Django

Richofwilts wrote:

Are we expected to cover all the manouveres on the actual part two test  ?

In a word..............Yes.

Be prepared to do ALL of the manouvres. Some people say they either did a bay park or a parrallel park. I and some others on here had to do both. So make sure your ready to perform all of them.

Board footer