You are not logged in.

#1 27-04-04 17:18:04

Des

Working while training?

Hi all, first off I must say how helpful I am finding this site and the straght forward answers you all give. I am in the not unusual position of currently working in manufacturing, company has just been taken over and can't see the job lasting more than a few months.

I've been thinking about becoming and instructor for a couple of years but one question I would like to ask is when you are training did you juggle a job as well, is it possible to do that?(not necessarily related to driving instructor, maybe local supermarket etc) or what would you suggest if I was in the position to not have to work for 6 months (live off redundancy payment!).

I'm really interested in how you all managed ...

Thanks very much for your help
Cheers
Des

27-04-04 17:18:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Working while training?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-04-04 18:00:15

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Re: Working while training?

Hi Des,

With all the uncertainty in manufacturing you'd feel great relief being your own boss and determining your own financial security.

Becoming an ADI is a move you wont regret, but as you'll find out soon getting the ADI qualification can be hard work.

Yes, it can be done whilst working; the Parts 1 and 2, in my opinion, are best done whilst you have othr things to occupy yourself with. The Part 3 may be best done with few other distractions.

Get an ORDIT registered instructor who has the flexibility to do lessons when you need them. But the whole process will take a minimum of 7 months, however you're more likely to take 10 to 12 months due to the waiting times for tests.

Let us know your plans and we'll do our best to keep you on the straight and narrow!

Regards,

Board footer