You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-03-11 11:21:27

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Taking on a PDI

Hi All

I've been approached by a PDI looking at moving into my Area. During an informal chat he mentioned he might be making himself voluntarily bankrupt. My question is can a Driving Instructor be a bankrupt?

Thanks for your advice.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

19-03-11 11:21:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Taking on a PDI

#2 19-03-11 13:06:13

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Yes

#3 19-03-11 13:14:20

adi
Verified Member
Website

Do you want to take on a franchisee who is bankrupt?

I took on a pdi 2 years ago as i was turning away work. He was offered his old job back and swiftly disappeared without informing any of the pupils i gave him. I didnt even know until one of his pupils complained, never been able to get in touch with him since!!

I would think that the vast majority of wannabee pdi's are good reliable people but if i was looking to take someone on again i would be put off by any 'red flags' like this.

My own personal opinion.

#4 19-03-11 23:51:21

Adi1234

I think It all depends on the reasons why He may be making himself bankrupt. I was not aware that a driving instructor could be bankrupt and still continue to trade due to being a fit and proper person criteria dsa state.

#5 21-03-11 17:18:52

skylark231

With years of experience in financial services I'd suggest you give them a wide berth until they've been discharged from their bankruptcy - which can happen in as little as 6 months with new legislation.

It very much depends on their assets, liabilities and current income - but IMHO I'd say no.

#6 21-03-11 18:26:27

finch

Moving area, bankrupt,Pdi I would avoid but I am a Pesim ist

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 21-03-11 18:47:08

Newly_Ad1

Moving area, bankrupt,Pdi I would avoid but I am a Pesim ist

Me too especially under the circumstances

#8 22-03-11 13:21:41

jimmydavid
Verified Member
Website

They would not be for me.

www.onewaydrivingschool.org
info@onewaydrivingschool.org

#9 22-03-11 20:30:41

Newly_Ad1

To many red flags in that one. liability comes to mind

#10 22-03-11 22:03:31

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Thanks All

I'm following your advice no PDI

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#11 31-03-11 10:51:48

jimmydavid
Verified Member
Website

I had the same situation and I feel that you have made the correct call.

www.onewaydrivingschool.org
info@onewaydrivingschool.org

Board footer