You are not logged in.

#1 16-03-11 11:07:37

sumbyv1

Coming along well but only 1hr a week :-(

hi all. first post here.

i started my lessons in december with an adi that is my next door neighbour and has tought most of the ppl i know. he is a good instructer and makes me feel at ease and ive made great progress seen as how i didnt even know what order the pedals went in three months ago. ive been on dual caridgeway overtaking people and have done all three manouvers aswell as the emergency stop. my eighth hour is this weekend.

now to my point.....

he is great but he can only give me one hour per week and that has to be on a weekend. with him being my next door neighbour i dont want to stop using him because thatd just be arkward and like i say he is really good. but i was wondering if another school or adi would consider taking me out during the week for a couple of hours even tho i wont be taking the test 'through them' it u know what i mean. i dont want to ask friends or family because the whole putting me on insurance thing seems like a massive ask.

im not trying to rush or anything i just really enjoy it and wish i could drive more than one hour a week.

16-03-11 11:07:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Coming along well but only 1hr a week :-(

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-03-11 11:32:57

la.monikita
Verified Member

Well done on progress! It's also good that you want to learn more because the better driver you become the cheaper your life of motoring is going to be.  Better your skills less likely you are going to be involved in a collision.
I was wondering we your neighbour can only take you out at weekends and why just one hour? Does he have another job during the week?

Let us know where you are, maybe you can find someone near you on here. Good luck.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#3 16-03-11 11:58:23

sumbyv1

yeah he works 8-5 during the week doing some kind of delivery job and he has a family so obviously he doesnt want to get home and have to go straight out again teaching. he has quite a few other students and he teaches all weekend from 8am til about 6pm. im in the northeast in sunderland area.

#4 16-03-11 12:54:20

(ROG)
Verified Member

I am sure that another ADI will be most welcome of the lessons with or without the prospect of taking you to test

If using more than one trainer then you may get what seems like conflicting advice but it will probably be the same advice but given in a slightly different way as humans are not robots

If it was me using two different ADIS then I would inform both of that fact so that they are prepared for the above to happen

You could say to the next door ADI that you are going to use them as you might use a family member who takes you out for practise but in this case you are paying an ADI to do it- at least it would let them know where they stand

I would probably use the second ADI for the test if instructing was their full time job

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#5 16-03-11 14:06:24

sumbyv1

my neighbour adi has been doing it for as long as i can remember. over twenty years i think and said that hes only started doing it part time recently because he wasnt getting many students in the winter months so he had to take the other job for extra security as he has bills to pay etc. i have full trust in him and defo want to take test with him. but like u say, im just looking to pay someone to do my private lessons with really. plus, using an adi as my private practice comes with the added bonus of their experience and dual controls incase of emergency.

#6 16-03-11 15:29:01

la.monikita
Verified Member

How can your neighbour ADI take you to the test if he only works weekends though? Most tests are Mon-Fri with very few at weekends.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#7 16-03-11 15:39:16

sumbyv1

............your words make much sence haha. i didnt think of that and he hasnt mentioned anything about it. maybe he'd just take a morning off or something. ill be sure to ask him about that on my next lesson.

#8 16-03-11 18:46:03

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Yeah, be sure to ask your neighbour what he intends to do about your test! Weekend test can be done, but you normally have to apply in writing, and a date is allocated to you, but you would normally wait a lot longer than a weekday test. And you may not be able to do your test on a weekend at your particular centre.

With regards to private practice, there's nothing wrong with asking another ADI, just be honest with both so they know the full situation. I certainly wouldn't mind if it was the other way around and one of my students said that they were taking extra lessons with another ADI over the weekend!

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

Board footer