You are not logged in.

#1 23-02-11 23:05:18

mahoney
Website

New Fiesta

Hi all, looking for some info on the new fiesta 1.4 tdci titanium, what's it like for vision on manouvres, what do pupils think of it, is it responsive when you need it to be, how many miles per gallon do you average etc, etc. Any feedback welcome.
                                                                                                                         Mahoney.

23-02-11 23:05:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Fiesta

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-02-11 23:25:50

KevB
Verified Member
Website

The 1.4 Tit is good.  the 1.6 is better smile

Best instructor car is down to personal preferences.  some like the Mini, some like Pugs, or if you hsve no taste, some like Swifts. (hides).

For me, the Fiesta 1.6 Tit. although not THE perfect car, it is best of the crop in it's class.

Pug 307 diesel is also a good offering.

Ignore Golf, go for the Skoda instead. Far better value for basically the same car.

Stay clear of Corsa. If you want a griffin badge, go for an Astra.

Beetles attract the young, and often female client bases, although accident repair costs, even for minor shunts seem to behigh, and timely.

#3 23-02-11 23:33:44

Adi1234

Have heard some very positive reports about the Audi a1 Not driven one myself but have been a passenger in one and it seemed very good and had good visibility.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 24-02-11 07:17:42

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The 1.4 Tit is good  the 1.6 is better

Is this a new european measurement?  big_smile

#5 24-02-11 07:32:50

may
Verified Member

Agree with Kevin. When I was looking at the 1.4 I was told that its better to go for the 1.6 as the MPG is the same but you get more power in the 1.6.

#6 24-02-11 10:42:12

mahoney
Website

Hi Kevin, how do you find it for manouvres, someone mentioned it is a bit restricted with regards to vision on the reversing aspect, not sure if they were referring to 3 or5 door. What model do you use? and what do you think the pro's and con's are.

#7 08-03-11 19:08:24

Den

The big mirrors make reversing easy, as long as you keep looking round no probs. mpg on the 1.4tdci is bad, i'm getting 42 on lessons with roof box on. great car to drive though pleased with mine just not happy with mpg.
Den

#8 08-03-11 23:13:19

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Den.
If truth be known, 42mpg on lessons is pretty darn good.

You might see a few instructors claiming they are getting 60mpg  (I know of one that claimed to be getting 80mpg), but most of the cars I've driven whilst instructing have averaged less than 30mpg.

I prefer to think about fuel efficiency by the hour rather than by the mile, due to the fact our clients are often in low gears and at low speeds, with multiple stops, and periods of idling or reversing.

#9 09-03-11 07:03:32

may
Verified Member

The petrol 3 door is awful for manouveres. The blind spots are awful.

The fuel consuption is horrendous. I'm using a full extra tank a week compared to my diesel. On my 1.6 TDCI I get between 55 - 57MPG the petrol is only 39MPG. The petrol is slow and has no power.

can't wait to get my diesel back smile

#10 09-03-11 10:41:42

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hi May.
You are getting consirably better MPG on lessons than I am from my 1.6TDCI.

I am typically getting 40-47mpg.
On some days, (lots of clients on manouevres, or when PDI training, especially if there is a short distance between clients) fuel consumption can drop to 20 -25mpg.

For me to be acheiving 55 -57mpg, i would need to be on motorways or long DC's at a steady 60 - 65mph.

Can you let me know what your trip computer says your average mph is when you are acheiving 55mpg, as well as the distance covered, please.

KevB

#11 09-03-11 10:51:43

may
Verified Member

Hi,
Average speed 29mph and I can do 40 - 60 miles a lesson. Alot of roads are NSL.

#12 14-03-11 22:17:51

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I've just got a 1.4 Tdci. I would like to have gone for the 1.6 but this one was a good buy. 5 months old with 2000 miles. I drove it for a couple of hours today, I've not done a lesson in it yet, but it's got a great engine. It's quicker than I expected and certainly quick enough for driving lessons.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

Board footer