You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#226 15-02-10 22:47:02

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

I am driving a Yaris D4-D but seriously looking into a Corsa.

From a Toyota to a Vauxhall?? Serious step backwards in my opinion, I ended up with a 1.2 Corsa as a temp car while mine was being fixed (rear end shunt) and I hated it - it had less power than my old 1 litre Micra.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

15-02-10 22:47:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#227 16-02-10 09:21:16

Bouncer2005
Verified Member

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for the reply...thats settled, I will stick with my Toyota for the foreseeable future...Thanks again.

Bouncer

#228 16-02-10 09:29:16

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

I'm on my 4th 1.3 diesel Corsa. 3 with BSM and now gone indy.
Wouldn't change it for anything.  Never been let down, got plenty of power and fuel economy up to 57mpg on lessons.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#229 16-02-10 10:08:34

la.monikita
Verified Member

I'm on my 4th 1.3 diesel Corsa. 3 with BSM and now gone indy.
Wouldn't change it for anything.  Never been let down, got plenty of power and fuel economy up to 57mpg on lessons.

So your Corsa was changed every 6 months, have you gone beyond 30k on the clock? Have you tried to change the parking light bulb. I love the engine and the mpg and the feel and the pull of the Corsa C 1.3 cdti but I have never owned a car that has gone wrong so many times and if I did not have my head screwed on and are lucky to be able to hire a spare car and a reasonable cost I would be out of business with loss of customers and credibility and all because of a tool / office that does not work.

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#230 16-02-10 10:19:21

la.monikita
Verified Member

The following email was send to Steve Garrod at DIA last week. It was passed on to someone at Vauxhall last Friday. I'm waithing for a responce.

[i]Hi Steve,
Thank you again for taking the time to deal with this matter.
I had bought Vauxhall Corsa as the car that was recommended as a number one Instructors car. I had two of them. I sold the 1st one after 1.5 years of use with 3 under warranty repairs; steering rack, alternator and water pump.
The second one purchased in September 2006 has been nothing but a continuing saga of faults from the very beginning. In the paperwork of all the warranty work you’ll find that in the 3 years 5 months that I’ve owned the car it had 7 major under warranty repairs with 10 pages of work. It was off road for over 5 weeks. In those 5 weeks off road I was only able to work and keep my business on running, because I was hiring a dual control car form DIA. If I was not able to continue with my lessons my customers would have gone elsewhere, I would become bankrupt with no business because of loss of credibility and all because of a car I bought in good faith as that No 1 training car.
I had hoped that after all the parts changed in the year 2008, having had a new gear box and new drive chain the car would be able to work for me a little to compensate for all the losses I sustained in the “under warranty” years only to have the very same part fail again, despite the fact that I serviced my car more often than it is stated in the guidelines and generally take care of it at the same time teach my pupils how to take care of their own cars.
I never made any complains in that time, not only because I had to be positive for my customers but also because I had many personal issues happening simultaneously. I was mainly hoping that things would stop going wrong! Even my straight 6’s check test was on the 6th of June 2008 in the car hired from DIA.
I’m seeking to recover the losses that I had sustained because of a product that does not fit its description within any reasonable standards. In my entire life of motoring I have never come across a vehicle which had gone wrong so often and so severely that had become a detriment to a business, bringing it to near insolvency and fall down despite the business being run efficiently and to the highest possible standards.
If necessary, I could give you a very detailed account on the amounts of time and effort wasted in ordered to maintain the running of my driving school, many times, simply because of the lack of efforts at certain WJ King workshops.
I would ask you to help me find suitable legal representation if it becomes necessary. I hope it will not have to go that far.
The current car situation is that the Timing Chain has snapped despite having a new one at 44k miles. It now has 91k.  My car is under warranty from Warranty Direct(they are not paying a penny!), which are covering 40% of parts costs and half of the labour. They have a detailed account of the work needed to be carried out.
I’m currently hiring a car from DIA at a cost of nearly £240 including my insurance per week, in order to keep my business running. I would like to recover those costs too.
All I wanted to have is a car reflecting its value at this time and not a vehicle, which as it stands today, can be sold for parts only.
Things that went wrong;
14/11/2007 Alternator. I
[/i] hired a lone car.
26/03/2008 Steering problem.
17/06/2008 New gear box and long list of parts. Two week car hire. As the fault still appeared, car went back in just after I’ve collected it.
21/07/2008 Alternator again.
18/08/2008 car loosing oil, I recon part of the repair from June not completed as it should have been done.
16/10/2008 indicator relay done after Dave at Gravesend was courteous enough to fit me in despite being fully booked and  Michael the Service Manager in Woolwich was fully booked and could not do it. Since, I’ve learned to change the relay myself as it failed again. It takes 15 minutes to do.
31/10/2008 oil pump. Car was towed to Gravesend. I hired a loan car. Fixed but 6 miles after collection an oil level light came on so the car was towed back in by RAC the following day.
In all I had to hire a loan car for 5 weeks with minimal disruption to my work but at a cost of over a 1000 pounds.
It’s not very good advising for Vauxhall cars, when all the potential new customers i.e. learners of mine see me struggle to keep the car working.
Thank you again Steve, you have always been a great help to me in this career as a Driving Instructor. I hope we can resolve this with a positive outcome.
Kind regards
Monika

Abraham Maslow

#231 16-02-10 10:23:11

la.monikita
Verified Member

These are the concussions of Warranty Direct;

“CONCLUSIONS.

The valves have not been removed and therefore have not been checked.  However, if the piston crowns are marked, then new valves will have to be fitted.

The timing chain is showing significant wear to a number of adjacent links to the one that has broken, leading us to believe that the timing chain has been flailing around to incorrect tension, and from observation made during the inspection and previous experience is that the timing chain tensioner has had insufficient pressure to sustain the correct tension on the timing chain. In this case we believe that the vehicle has had oil pressure problems in the past ( see our comments below), this in turn has caused the chain tensioner to excessively oscillate to the point the chain tensioner auxiliary spring has broken up due to fatigue failure, causing the chain tensioner to completely fail.

It is our experience there would have been an audible rattle from the vehicle engine to alert the driver of the impending failure, therefore drive on damage should be considered in this case.

The vehicle’s history as shown on the dealership computer reveals that the oil pressure switch was replaced and then the oil pump.  It is assumed that the engine had oil pressure problems and a new oil pump was the remedy.  These repairs were carried out on the 02/05/08 @ 54,170miles.”

What shall I think about the above?

Abraham Maslow

#232 16-02-10 22:55:14

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Clearly Monika you have not had a good experience.

I have had Vx cars personally, 2 in fact long before becoming an instructor, they were rather abused, went un-serviced and to be honest, not very well looked after. Both were petrol engined.

1 px'd at 104,000 miles with a collective of things wrong that could have neen prevented through regular servicing and the second was px'd at 81,000 having only had 2 services and a new battery.

Needless to say I now take better care of my cars as they are my office/classroom, but these 2 never let me down.

All manufacturers will have had dissatisfied clients and word goes around just as in our business, but you rarely here of the millions that are happy with their purchases.

I certainly would not wnat what you have had to put up with and all credit to you for coping.

#233 16-02-10 23:05:30

adiwizard
Verified Member

I have had 4 Vauxhall corsa's all of which have been well over 100k when sold on. 1 was 1.2 petrol, 2 were 1.3 diesel and one was 1.4 petrol auto. Never had any problem with any of them at all.

#234 16-02-10 23:26:30

la.monikita
Verified Member

I have had 4 Vauxhall corsa's all of which have been well over 100k when sold on. 1 was 1.2 petrol, 2 were 1.3 diesel and one was 1.4 petrol auto. Never had any problem with any of them at all.

Even more reason for Vauxhall to give an engine that works.

Abraham Maslow

#235 16-02-10 23:46:25

la.monikita
Verified Member

Clearly Monika you have not had a good experience.

I have had Vx cars personally, 2 in fact long before becoming an instructor, they were rather abused, went un-serviced and to be honest, not very well looked after. Both were petrol engined.

1 px'd at 104,000 miles with a collective of things wrong that could have neen prevented through regular servicing and the second was px'd at 81,000 having only had 2 services and a new battery.

Needless to say I now take better care of my cars as they are my office/classroom, but these 2 never let me down.

All manufacturers will have had dissatisfied clients and word goes around just as in our business, but you rarely here of the millions that are happy with their purchases.

I certainly would not wnat what you have had to put up with and all credit to you for coping.

At the same time as this damn car going wrong I was getting divorced, had a check test, designed and organised printing of a t-shirt as my marketing campaign. I commissioned a tattoo artist to make the drawings for it. Went to Poland to collect 200 of them.  Then sent out about 100 to all the people who worked for the charity that I had made the t-shirts for. Whilst all that was happening I was writing lot of letters to a man who early in the following year called me obsessed. Gees, I normally get thanked for caring for others...

If I survive the losses that I'm sustaining now, nothing will hold me back...did I mentioned that I gave up on a great property development business, because after the success of the first one I decided that making money alone did not bring the happiness that I was after...so I got divorced. Now I've changed a tag for a Timex. At least when I go somewhere not too safe I won't have problem parting with my new watch tongue

Abraham Maslow

#236 17-02-10 07:48:55

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

At the same time as this damn car going wrong I was getting divorced, had a check test, designed and organised printing of a t-shirt as my marketing campaign.

Thats nothing, I burnt my crumpet this morning and I'm still going to work.  big_smile

Seriously though, sorry to hear about all that! Hopefully you're due for an easy 5 years to balance it all out and with an invincible car that never goes wrong.

PS : is it crumpet or pikelet? my wife says they're pikelets but if i tell her they are crumpets she shouts at me.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#237 17-02-10 11:03:47

adiwizard
Verified Member

Why would you want to burn you girlfriend?

#238 22-02-11 19:37:37

paulaball
Verified Member

My Heater Fan went when the car was 15 months, one vx dealer marshalls refused to replace the heater fan unless i had the dual controls removed as by his words i had had the car modified. i brought the car brand new from vx drive with the dual controls so i took it back to them and they changedit. 

Known problems with new model Corsa.

1. Glovebox lid fragile and falls off, don't try to put too much into it..

2. Heater fan susceptible to failure.

3. A significant minority of users report early clutch wear.

Board footer