You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 22-02-11 00:07:33

samds
Verified Member
Website

Re: Reverse around corner

I remember doing this lesson one night and the learner, James was his name, reversed perfectly around the corner.  When we stopped in the new road, I said, well done you kept that perfect with the kerb all the way.  James then replied, yip I kept us 2 coke cans away from it just like you told me.  I said, I told you that??  Strange thing is I don't remember ever inventing this but I've told my learners to keep 2 - 3 coke cans distance from the kerb ever since in their left door mirror.

If you are having trouble with the left reverse, ask your instructor if you can practice straight line reversing and a right reverse using James' coke can idea, you'll be surprised how easy the left reverse becomes.  If your instructor hasn't taught you straight line on it's own or right reverse, then ask to do it.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

22-02-11 00:07:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 22-02-11 07:56:18

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi Broom

As you can read we have slightly different ways of teaching the subject smile if it helps why not visit you tube? There you can see different instructors showing pupils what to do.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

Board footer