You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-01-11 00:33:33

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

This year.

I've no idea how it worked out this way, but my ADI licence will expire in November this year and I haven't had one letter from DVA suggesting I be check tested yet...I didn't even get an educational one shortly after passing part 3.

I am going to book myself a place on John Farlams ADI Masterclass soon, to improve myself before that day the letter hits the doormat.

Has anyone else had their 1st check test delayed this long, and is it a good sign, that they haven't thought it necessary since I achieved a good 5/5 on part 3.

15-01-11 00:33:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: This year.

#2 15-01-11 08:18:53

mon
Verified Member
Website

hi johnny,hope you have a happy and busy new year.In regards to your post I hope cause I achieved 4/4 I can still be teaching in 3 half years time without dreaded CT.Every lesson is furthering my knowledge,so the longer the better lol.I cannot envisage in the near future being able to give up my Full time job,just not enough work around.
Mon

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#3 16-01-11 11:48:07

Target
Verified Member
Website

I've been on the register near 8 years, and only had 2 visits. There was a 6.5 year gap between the 1st and 2nd. big_smile

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 18-01-11 23:32:18

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Jonny it took the DSA 2 years after my qualification to catch up with me for my first check test, I moved towns which didn't help, my first check test was great, got a grade 5 even though the lesson went belly up from the start!  That was 4 years ago and I am "eagerly" awaiting my second one!  I know what to expect, I will still stick to my pupils and not opt for role play, can't say I enjoyed my first one as my normally sound pupil turned into devil child but will still go through normal lesson plan and as with first be ready for an about turn!  Keep it real smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#5 27-01-11 08:35:39

driver0069
Verified Member

Dont worry they never forget only get delayed take it as good luck i had 2 check tests in 12 years and just done one this month  so enjoy while it lasts  big_smile good luck

#6 20-02-11 22:59:36

mrbrightside
Verified Member

Got my first check test next month and I qualified in November 08. Not really too worried about it yet, opted for role play though as I havent really got a suitable student right now.

Part 1: Passed (11/9/07) 96/100 & 68/75
Part 2: Passed (19/10/07) 3 Minors
Part 3: (2nd) Passed (27/11/08) 4/4
Check Test: Grade 5 (16/03/11)

#7 12-05-11 11:25:26

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Well, they finally got me.

My 1st check test is on 15th June, so just a few weeks to go.
Im pretty sure Im going to use one of my own pupils, but not sure what I will do.   I think just a natural progression for whichever pupil is willing to help. 

What would you lot think about me taking my deaf pupil to check test? suicide or potentially brilliant?

#8 12-05-11 11:46:42

WillyO

Hi JonnyG, as you will appreciate they are flooding the market here in NI with Adi's so my advice would be KISS ( Keep it Simple) you will get No good points for putting yourself under unnecessary stress. Here in NI they are more likely to remove you just to get the extra funds for requalifying again( going through 1,2 and 3 again ) KISS !!!!! Willy.

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

Board footer