You are not logged in.

#1 23-01-11 18:47:26

paulcook
Verified Member
Website

Many new cars have an extra tint in the rear windows. OK for test?

Hi folks

Just ordered my new Seat Ibiza Sport.  However, like many new cars, Seat have factory fitted an extra tint to the rear windows from the B pillar back.  Looks cool, and apparantly has heat deflecting properties.

Is this OK for test?  I know the DSA can be a bit funny. The tint is obviously perfectly legal, and looks darker from the outside.  Anyone have a new car with privacy glass, or tinting in the rear windows?  And any adverse remarks from examiners?

Paul Cook, ADI, Grade 5, DIAmond Special Test

23-01-11 18:47:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Many new cars have an extra tint in the rear windows. OK for test?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-01-11 19:18:27

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I have a white Fiesta Zetc with privacy glass, asked the SE weeks before I got it, and was told there are plenty with it now, no probs from them

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#3 23-01-11 20:10:47

Roadmaster
Verified Member

I've had tints for 3 years.  It's common on driving school cars now.

#4 23-01-11 20:58:08

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

No problem as it is manufacturer fitted, I have them.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#5 24-01-11 21:14:40

Madhatter
Verified Member

Hi Paul,

Sorry to disagree with those comments already made, I have a Golf Sport with rear tints and (very) long story short the TC manager in the end came out after several other examiners had complained and told me that he couldn't tell me to replace them but neither could he insist that his examiners took the car out. He said that he could imagine examiners having a problem with it as it impared his view through the rear side windows.

Tint was legally fitted.

No one refused to take it out although they all complained to me afterwards and warned me that others may not have taken it. In the end, I didn't want the hassle so had it removed. I figure, get an examiner out of town come down and refuse it, costs me test fee, lesson etc. Not worth the risk.

You may find the old thread on here Paul, I don't know how to.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#6 24-01-11 21:16:45

Madhatter
Verified Member

I should say, I had a new Fiesta before the Golf with lighter tints and they had no problems with that...never mentioned it!

Tim Moran - ADI Cornwall - www.timmoranschoolofmotoring.co.uk

#7 24-01-11 21:28:55

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Factory tints are acceptable for tests.   

#8 01-02-11 21:35:32

driver0069
Verified Member

:?I also had same problem my side windows and rear window was tinted i was told to replace rear window tint and the side windows are ok so i did not want the problem evertime i went to test centre so i replaced the rear tint and they never said any thing after but then one day some one came to the test centre and parrked next to mine and his was more dark tinted then mine and they never said any thing to him ?

#9 01-02-11 22:17:03

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Why did you have the windows tinted so dark in the first place?

#10 01-02-11 22:32:43

driver0069
Verified Member

i did not they came with them on 2 years ago ?

#11 20-02-11 10:50:33

Jimmy David
Website

I have Fiesta Titanium with rear window and rear sides. No problem, if anything the examiners comment on how nice a car it is.

It is good for business as-well, as it is a great looking car. I get business just buy how it looks.

Also it is a popular upgrade for 17 year old's, so it gets them used to driving with it. You can also then discourage them from getting the illegal tint to their car, as they can see that a lighter tint looks great and they won't be getting points on their brand new pink licence.

www.onewaydrivingschool.org Driving lessons Fareham, Driving Lessons Gosport, Driving Lessons Portsmouth, Driving Lessons Southampton

Board footer