You are not logged in.

#1 09-02-11 20:00:43

pumpkin

Taking further driver training...

Hello,

I passed my driving test 6 months ago and even before then I knew that I wanted to continue my learning after "the big day". I'm not sure if this is because I was an older learner or because I have a family or maybe a mixture of both but I was certain that I hadn't learnt everything I wanted to with regards to driving.

I am continuing my learning with the same ADI and loving every minute of it so I know it's the right decision for me but I am intrigued to know how many learners or newly qualified drivers actually take up extra training?

09-02-11 20:00:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Taking further driver training...

#2 09-02-11 21:18:30

bellydancer

what exactly do you mean by extra/further training?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 09-02-11 21:22:10

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Sadly far too few.

My first Pass Plus this year will be for a lad who passed late last year, and has had an accident in the family car. sad Bet they wish they'd booked it when he passed.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#4 09-02-11 21:44:34

pumpkin

I mean any continuation in your driver training after passing your L test whether it's Pass Plus, Motorway lessons, Eco friendly, Advanced..ect...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 09-02-11 22:10:20

greenyaris

Sadly far too few.

My first Pass Plus this year will be for a lad who passed late last year, and has had an accident in the family car. sad Bet they wish they'd booked it when he passed.

You don't say what the reasons for the road traffic incident (RTI) were, but you suggest (hidden) that doing Pass Plus would have prevented this RTI. Almost without exception, in every RTI there is a degree of blame attached to every driver involved in the incident. (eg from the main instigator to the other  involved parties who didn't recognise a bad situation was evolving or about to evolve). In what way do you think the Pass Plus would have prevented this RTI?

Dave b
drive safe   ride safe
IAM Rider & Driver

#6 10-02-11 16:31:42

(ROG)
Verified Member

Contact your local advanced driving group and ask them for a free assessment and then take it from there

As an IAM observer/advisor I can inform you that the total cost, apart from your time and fuel, is about £140 if you decide to take it on

give me your county and i'll give you your local contact info

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#7 10-02-11 21:33:11

trunkmonkey

2009,  RoSPA launched its Young Drivers Assessment for 17-24-year-olds. The assessment gives young drivers an objective appraisal of their skills and attitude at the wheel, enabling them to take action to improve areas of concern.

2011.  The IAM has launched Momentum, a new two-part assessment designed for younger drivers (17-25) who have passed their driving test.Momentum incorporates two modules; an interactive online assessment, followed by an on-road session with an IAM examiner. It does not involve an exam and there is no risk of failure. It is designed to offer a quick, low-cost option for improving the confidence, awareness and safety of younger drivers.

If you google both of the above it will give you more information and is a lot cheaper than going down the Advanced test route at present. The test is important and I would highly recommend it.

#8 10-02-11 21:49:11

pumpkin

Thankyou for your replys....Rog and Giz, thanks for the IAMS info, I'm in Kent...I've currently got my eye on the ROSPA test but planning to take my learning as far as possible, Trunkmonkey sadly I'm over that age bracket but thanks anyway..lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 11-02-11 16:56:33

(ROG)
Verified Member

Thankyou for your replys....Rog and Giz, thanks for the IAMS info, I'm in Kent...I've currently got my eye on the ROSPA test but planning to take my learning as far as possible, Trunkmonkey sadly I'm over that age bracket but thanks anyway..lol

IAM Kent
http://www.iam.org.uk/details/mid_kent.html

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#10 11-02-11 17:59:04

Gizmotime
Administrator

The link for Kent is.  http://www.iam.org.uk/iamgroupsdirectory/?letter=K

Giz

Silly me deleted my earlier post yikes

If you decide to do an IAM course, it will cost £139.00 that is for everything,books/test fee/first years membership to the group/first years membership to HQ all the guidence, and a small admin charge that HQ add on.

take a look at the website.  www.IAM.org.uk
Giz

#11 12-02-11 19:38:03

pumpkin

thankyou for the info  big_smile

Board footer