You are not logged in.

#1 08-02-11 14:34:56

ratty

ADI / PDI / Trainer

Hello

I'm new to this forum but it strikes me that what appears to be the noticeable majority of contributors describe themselves as ADI / PDI / Trainers.

I presume that as no further training is required for an ADI to train others, this is how a lot of ADIs describe themselves now? If all of you are actually training others it's no wonder there appears to be so many driving school cars around.

08-02-11 14:34:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI / PDI / Trainer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-02-11 15:12:12

greenyaris

Hello

I'm new to this forum but it strikes me that what appears to be the noticeable majority of contributors describe themselves as ADI / PDI / Trainers.

I presume that as no further training is required for an ADI to train others, this is how a lot of ADIs describe themselves now? If all of you are actually training others it's no wonder there appears to be so many driving school cars around.

big_smile big_smile I see what you mean, now you come to mention it. The Matrix, cloned and self cloning judging by the Schools' Ads. " Patient, friendly, air conditioned....etc, etc".  Now who shall I choose? You'll do...PDI and a Pink Licence 'cos you are caring and attentive and different!  tongue lol

Dave b
drive safe   ride safe
IAM Rider & Driver

#3 08-02-11 15:15:51

daz6215
Verified Member

It does not mean that, It means they are either an ADI or a PDI or a trainer of some discription.

#4 08-02-11 15:42:42

VandADI
Administrator

It is purely a "forum" thing, to differentiate between members that have access to the private boards and those that haven't.

#5 08-02-11 17:12:40

finch

Hi Rattie could you please explain what a Fleet Instructor is? is it a Driving Instructor/ Fleet Trainer or a some new job description.

#6 08-02-11 21:04:23

ratty

Well as I'm a driving instructor who only does fleet work I suppose some would describe that as being a fleet instructor? I'm sure we all have different names for things.

Why do you ask?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 08-02-11 21:04:50

ratty

It is purely a "forum" thing, to differentiate between members that have access to the private boards and those that haven't.

That clears that up, thank you.

#8 08-02-11 21:07:26

finch

teaching / coaching/ instructoring

#9 08-02-11 22:04:44

ratty

Ok then, can I describe my self as an ADI, teacher / coach / instructor who only teaches / coaches / instructs on fleet courses?

#10 09-02-11 20:43:13

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

describe your self as what you want - you can hide behind your computer and nobody will ever know the difference

HRH King Phil
officially voted worlds best driver and instructor
110% pass rate
Grade 7
Advisor to DSA and Ministry Of Transport
always knows when to signal and when not to
ULTIMATE advanced driver award 2011
Works 70 hours per week @ £100 per hour and always fully booked
10 month waiting list just for birds to sing every time i am near
On my last check test the examiner applauded and hugged me
Crime fighter
intelligent, funny, attractive
just the sort of guy your parents want you to marry
pacifist
campaigner of human rights
ect ect ect

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#11 09-02-11 20:51:27

ratty

Well I must admit that I do sometimes wonder about some people's qualifications when I see their lists, that's partly why I don't bother finding out how to list mine.

#12 09-02-11 22:19:35

on board training

Hi,

And what is the other part of reason?

Have a go and list your qualifications and it will let you experience the long lists that some generate under signatures.

But remember it is not having the piece of paper but what yo udo or even don't do with it.

Brian

#13 10-02-11 14:53:02

ratty

Hi,

1   And what is the other part of reason?

2   Have a go and list your qualifications and it will let you experience the long lists that some generate under signatures.

3   But remember it is not having the piece of paper but what yo udo or even don't do with it.

Brian

1   The other reason is that I presume that at least some instructors list their qualifications to sell themselves? No doubt some also list their qualifications to try and impress others. I joined the forum to hear other people's views and opinions and learn from them, I'm not trying to sell myself or impress anyone.

2   I'm an ADI on the fleet register, that is the qualification I need and have.

3   I thought that the 'piece of paper' itself is virtually worthless, it's what you do or don't do with the knowledge that gained you the piece of paper that counts. wink

#14 10-02-11 20:41:50

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

I agree that qualifications alone do not mean a lot, but what I would say is that the huge rewards for myself in gaining them is hard to measure.

I have personally always chose my CPD for my own personal reasons eg I teach people to become ADI's I thought I better get a teaching qualification, I thought I was coaching so I went to university to find out I wasnt, now I am trying to put that education into practise.

Each qualification has opened doors and presented me with opportunities that I may not have achieved with out them. I am not a badge collector but I like to find out more about what I am interested in and I suppose the end result of this quite often another qualification.

As for making the tea if I am honest I try to get out of that one I just do the washing up. Not to much abuse from those who know me please after that last statement.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#15 11-02-11 23:13:30

ratty

I see nothing wrong with gaining more experience and / or qualifications, I just don't understand why people feel the need to display their qualifications to everyone on forums. I'm not saying it's wrong, each to their own, I just don't understand why people do it.

#16 11-02-11 23:34:04

Freedom Phil
Verified Member
Website

Having a list of your qualifications can validate what you say, and it lets others know a bit about you and the type of work you do.  As an example, I have the DIA Diploma, and I have had people message me and ask me stuff directly related to that, and I was able to help them.  I've also gained some instructor training work from local ADI's because they can see I am ORDIT registered.

I'm sure there are people without my qualifications who are better than me, and people who chose not to list their qualifications who have more than me.  You don't have to put them on, and if somebody does, you dont have to read them  lol

.phil.
:angel:

DIA diploma in driving instruction.  DSA registered fleet trainer.  ORDIT registered trainer part's 1, 2, 3 & ORDIT premises inspected.  SAFED trainer and assessor.  RoSPA approved tutor.  Diamond registered advanced instructor.  Diamond qualified advanced examiner. City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS teaching certificate.  IAM advanced test, Diamond advanced test, Diamond special test, Cardington special test, RoSPA gold

#17 12-02-11 08:36:38

ratty

So doesn't that come under selling yourself?

#18 12-02-11 10:34:19

Luchell
Verified Member

Just to sum up here, if you have driver training relevant qualifications you want to list in your signature then do so. As far as we are concerned currently we do not see this as advertising. Some people may feel quite proud of their achievements and we recognise that here. If that means their phone has rung as someone wants more advice from them so be it.

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 891.0.html

#19 12-02-11 14:38:53

ratty

I was asked in reply number 11 why I don't list my qualifications, I answered the question in my reply number 12. Those are my reasons. I'm not saying they are right or wrong and I'm not trying to suggest that any one is doing anything wrong by listing theirs. I have not mentioned advertising and neither has anyone else.

As I have said, they are my reasons.

Board footer