You are not logged in.

#1 27-01-11 16:16:12

Cat8t3
Verified Member

AA Breakdown cover

Hi

My husband has AA Breakdown cover and i just asked them about breakdown cover for myself, although I thought they would say no as they do not cover cars that are used for hire or reward. They told me that driving instructors are an excemption, and that i would beable to get cover with them.

Just thought i'd share that with you all, as I really was convinced they didn't cover us.

Hope your al having a good day.

Cat  big_smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

27-01-11 16:16:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: AA Breakdown cover

#2 27-01-11 16:44:17

dcbedford
Verified Member

Hi Cat, although my car is covered by the manufacturers warranty I've never had a problem calling the AA out to it.

If you need them when you are teaching they respond very quickly. Think longest I've had to wait is 30 mins but that was very late at night & AA patrol had to travel quite a distance to get to me.

Had a puncture once & had to call them out to change the wheel as I couldn't undo the wheel nuts with the very small spanner that comes with the car. I had a female pupil with me at the time. Told them this and they treated it as a priority call & arrived within 10 mins.

Dave Bedford

Part 1 - Second attempt - Passed 7/9/06 98/61
Part 2 - First attempt 1/12/06- Failed 8 minors
Part 2 - Second attempt 5/12/06 - Failed different 8 minors
Part 2 - Third attempt 11/1/07 - Passed 4 minors
Part 3 - First Attempt - 7/8/07 - PST 1 5/3
Part 3 - Second Attempt - 11/9/07 - PST 7 2/3
Part 3 - Third Attempt - 25/3/08 - PST 3 5/4 Passed at Last
First Check Test - 2/9/09 - Grade 4

#3 27-01-11 16:56:47

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thats super.  smile I don't know why I've always thought they wouldn't cover us.  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 28-01-11 02:20:14

absadi
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for sharing Cat8t3

#5 05-08-12 19:25:56

lenzcrafter79
Website

Yes Cat

I have been covered with them for years.....by all accounts you can have upto 5 claims per year each upto the value of £500 each time.

A few years ago i have new alternator £375 - £25 excess paid.
Cam belt snapped - £1100 - I paid £600,
Inlet manifold - £700 they paid £300!

So for £60 ish per year its a dam good cover package!

Would recommend to all driving  instructors who care.

www.intensivedrivingcoursebristol.com - for all of your crash courses in Bristol

#6 05-08-12 21:51:02

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

I have RAC cover, business/fleet as driving schools are not covered by their regular policy.  I just assumed AA would have a similar policy towards driving schools.  Looks like I've overpaid.  sad

#7 06-08-12 08:10:24

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

'Club Toyota' provide mine which used to be RAC but has now changed to AA. It's the top level service at £40 per year (discounted through Toyota), had it for 4 years now.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Board footer